12 vmax heat shield

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavgrab302

Reaction score
So I have looked for this till my eyes are bleeding.. The 2012 I just bought w 1200 miles on it was dropped at some point by previous owner, scratches dents on exhaust heat shield is whats an eye sore since the fuax air intake is pretty superficial. This shields look removable from headers but for the life of me cannot find just the shields, anyone know where or if they can be bought seperate the headers?

Shields are not removable they are one piece with the header and expensive.
What side do you need..... I have a set that are pretty nice.

I kinda figured that looking at yamahapartshouse. the braking side/above the water pump/front cylinder ..if it weren't slightly dented I'd try to grind down the scratches and rebrush it.

I kinda figured that looking at yamahapartshouse. the braking side/above the water pump/front cylinder ..if it weren't slightly dented I'd try to grind down the scratches and rebrush it.

I think that's where Yamaha dropped the ball. I would like them removable so if you wanted to paint them, just pop a clamp loose on either end or a couple bolts. But they are spot welded on.

I think that's where Yamaha dropped the ball. I would like them removable so if you wanted to paint them, just pop a clamp loose on either end or a couple bolts. But they are spot welded on.

Here is the part I have pretty nice it was an early take off. It has some light scratches on it in a couple of places. 3M abrasive pads work great on these parts to get them back to OEM.

If you are interested PM me with an offer.

Mark

IMG_20200321_204343.jpg IMG_20200321_204359.jpg

Theres the cult price and the yamaha price. Lol I’d hate to even throw a number out. With current events it will likely be afew wks any how but am interested.

Theres the cult price and the yamaha price. Lol I’d hate to even throw a number out. With current events it will likely be afew wks any how but am interested.

Ok cool. I'm not in the parts business I've accumulated stuff that I bought when it popped up somewhere for sale at a reasonable price. Almost everything I've sold or given away has been to unfortunate owners who have crashed their bikes. I've been happy to help them.

Normally I'm happy to pay 50% of what a new part would cost IF, the part is "like new". I would say this part is very nice but not like new. So with that in mind I'll shoot you a price and you can decide.

Last edited:
if a welded on heat shield is damaged you could make a decorative cover to fit over it

Back