13.5" rear shocks?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxwannabe

Reaction score
What are some good quality 13.5" rear shocks? It may not make sense to a lot of fellow Vmax-ers but I'd like to raise to rear to get a quicker steering. All my other bikes are sportbikes, so I'm not used to straight-lining sluggish steering.

Progressive suspension for Vmax only goes upto 13". Are there other models that is good quality and taller?

What are some good quality 13.5" rear shocks? It may not make sense to a lot of fellow Vmax-ers but I'd like to raise to rear to get a quicker steering. All my other bikes are sportbikes, so I'm not used to straight-lining sluggish steering.

Progressive suspension for Vmax only goes upto 13". Are there other models that is good quality and taller?

I'd be surprised if 13.5" rears got you what you're after. Consider, like Phil mentioned, tire & wheel sizes. Fork lowering too. As well as riding position. I like drag bars because they get your weight up forward more, aiding handling a lot.

ZRX 1100 or 1200 shocks can be installed on the vmax. They are around 14.5" IIRC.
Usually not very cheap, even when purchased 2nd hand
You may consider lowering the forks internally or, simply raising them up in the triple trees to see how you like it.

I just removed 14" Kawi shocks from mine. They were expensive but with the progressive front springs and fine adjustment of the steering head bearings and a smaller front tire,it made a big difference, [not perfect], to the handling. They look better too.

Go with at least 14s that will bring your rake in a degree maybe stay away from the Chinese knockoff bullshit fake I look like ohlins rear shocks they are useless pony up for works or white power or ohlins you can tweak the front a little runn heavier springs lowered an inch a tz250 like I campaign Ed for years it is not but you get what you pay for in suspension

Back