14 year old twins scale the universe

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow that is crazy mad, start at the smallest or far right and go to largest.

I read what they said about the project. It seems they did it for fun. LOL extra credit for sure.

"My seventh grade science teacher showed us a size comparison video on cells, and I thought it was fascinating. I decided to make my own interactive version that included a much larger range of sizes," said Cary in an email forwarded by his mother. "It was not a school project -- just for fun. However, my science teacher loved it so much she showed [it] to the class! My brother, Michael, helped me put it on the internet."

Cary said he worked on the project, on and off, for a year and a half, getting information from Wikipedia and astronomy books. It is now spreading virally online.

Click on objects in the animation for more information. Cary said he invites people to correct any errors they find. This is his second version, he said; the first had less information in it, and the graphics needed work.

"We're not sure what we want to do after we finish school, although we're both interested in computer programming and animation," said Cary. "And astronomy is also cool!"

Asked if he thought there was a lesson to be learned from the project, Cary wrote, "I would like to say that humankind is a very small part of the universe we live in. There could be so much more out there, but we just don't know it yet."

Those kids had just what education is supposed to be-a stimulation of your learning so that you ask questions of yourself, and then embark on a voyage to find the answers.

The Eames's video, Powers of Ten, is a famous depiction of the size of things, and is something I used when teaching 9th grade science after retiring from fire-rescue. Now I teach adults instead but the Eames film, which I first saw as a high school student myself, remains one of my all-time favorites. Copy to your browser bar:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/0fKBhvDjuy0

Makes that lie I told my wife seem pretty insignificant.

Those kids had just what education is supposed to be-a stimulation of your learning so that you ask questions of yourself, and then embark on a voyage to find the answers.

The Eames's video, Powers of Ten, is a famous depiction of the size of things, and is something I used when teaching 9th grade science after retiring from fire-rescue. Now I teach adults instead but the Eames film, which I first saw as a high school student myself, remains one of my all-time favorites. Copy to your browser bar:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/0fKBhvDjuy0

Nice link. Almost like those kids might have had a little inspiration from this one.

Someone should do one explaining the power of compound interest for kids.

Latest posts

Back