1500 cc chain drive

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a chain drive 1500 cc bike belonging to one of the guys riding to the Deland Airport for the Saturday lunch ride from Joe's at Boxenstopp's in Holly Hill during 2013 Bike Week.

I forget the owner's name, I think it's Lee, and I think he's a law enforcement officer from NC. A nice-enough fellow, and he rode responsibly, not like I see you MI hooligans!

He's done a lot to it, I thought people might be interested to see it when I ran across the pic today. As you can see, it's a heavily-modified Gen I, nose-to-tail.

Attachments

• 1500cc VMax from NC at Boxenstopp's 2013 Bike Week.jpg
    1500cc VMax from NC at Boxenstopp's 2013 Bike Week.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 202
Thanks for sharing :) It never ceases to amaze me how far people can go with customization, and yet the VMax just has a way of retaining its identity. To me, it's one of the best bikes for modding, because of that.

John

If that is the one i think it is it is putting out over 200 rwhp
If your thinking of Marcus Hickman's 1570 Long Rod this is not it. The Long Rod is going through a bit of work ATM.
FM if you are referring to Marcus riding responsibly it must be that he was not enthused with the roadways lack of corners!:biglaugh: I have tried to witness his skills by following him through some PA. twistys, my witnessing lasted about 2-3 corners before he was out of sight, a true hooligan he is!

That 200 RW HP, is that NA, or is he running juice or forced air?

And that 1500, is that just from a big bore kit, or is it stroked as well?
The PCW 1570 that he has is stroked, engine was built by PCW. I'm not sure of all of it's build detail. I know at this moment it is has a cracked engine case and is at PCW getting repaired.
I'm not sure if his 1500 is a Venture build or a Vmax build, but that is what he rode to Thunder from N.C.. It has PCW style flat slides on it, and 17" radials plus a sissy bar! Or is that a air foil?:biglaugh:

Yeah, that's him. He was taking it easy at Daytona & was aware of the block issue, but it was still running. When I did see him roll into it once or twice, it left right now! I never did see him run it anywhere near redline, he didn't need to. There were 3 or 4 Gen II's on the lunch ride to the Deland FL Airport, and it didn't appear he was giving anything away to them. But then, no one really behaved poorly, just some abbreviated bursts of 'Max-Muscle. :biglaugh:

Tom, I would love to ride w/the MI group sometime, but w/caring for my elderly family member, we aren't too-far from home these days. I did speak w/my friends who live in Hickory Corners (SW MI & home of the Gilmore Automotive Museum) & they said they were now running the a-c.

I did speak w/my friends who live in Hickory Corners (SW MI & home of the Gilmore Automotive Museum) & they said they were now running the a-c.

Yep, we've had something like 2 days over 90 and probably about 6 days in the 80's. It's officially summer in Michigan.

Yep, bike in the pic is mine. The motor and bike was built by PCW. I bought it second hand form someone in New Jersey. The motor was built in 2006 and it's a 1570 long rod and is not stroked and no juice. Carrillo alloy H-Beam long rods, stage 5 heads, 41 mm Keihin FCR's. That motor has won the Brute Horse Power Shoot Out 3 years in a row, in the 1501cc and up class. Run's 6 flat here at the local 8th mile track. Motor blew a head gasket and sent back to PCW and also found out the lower case was cracked in one of the crank journals. So now I'm going to build a 1500 long rod motor and put all the parts from the 1570 in to it. All I'm going to need is the pistons and cases. Only thing building a 1500 it's going to put me into another class, 1000 to 1500 and there was a BMW that pulled 219hp.

Redbone the bike I rode to Thunder was my other V-Vmax, Motor is stock, with 39mm FCR's, aftermarket exhaust, undercut trans. That bike runs 7 flat in the 8th. Last time I had it on the dyno it pulled 132 hp.

Pic to the left is when I 1st got the bike, ones to the right is what it looks like now,,, less the dang motor!!:bang head:

Attachments

• DSCN1475.jpg
    DSCN1475.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 334868_2210921690050_473540927_o.jpg
    334868_2210921690050_473540927_o.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 51
  • vmax2.jpg
    vmax2.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMAG0639.jpg
    IMAG0639.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 52
  • IMAG0002.jpg
    IMAG0002.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 56
Yep, bike in the pic is mine. The motor and bike was built by PCW. I bought it second hand form someone in New Jersey. The motor was built in 2006 and it's a 1570 long rod and is not stroked and no juice. Carrillo alloy H-Beam long rods, stage 5 heads, 41 mm Keihin FCR's. That motor has won the Brute Horse Power Shoot Out 3 years in a row, in the 1501cc and up class. Run's 6 flat here at the local 8th mile track. Motor blew a head gasket and sent back to PCW and also found out the lower case was cracked in one of the crank journals. So now I'm going to build a 1500 long rod motor and put all the parts from the 1570 in to it. All I'm going to need is the pistons and cases. Only thing building a 1500 it's going to put me into another class, 1000 to 1500 and there was a BMW that pulled 219hp.

Redbone the bike I rode to Thunder was my other V-Vmax, Motor is stock, with 39mm FCR's, aftermarket exhaust, undercut trans. That bike runs 7 flat in the 8th. Last time I had it on the dyno it pulled 132 hp.

Pic to the left is when I 1st got the bike, ones to the right is what it looks like now,,, less the dang motor!!:bang head:

Yeah... I WANT!!!
pinkiecrazy.png

Still got the V-boost hooked up?

I need to get some FCR's if your pulling down those numbers! I hope your new build works out, you think your going to beat that BMW?

Back