1500 Long Rod needs work ..who can help ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColoradoPhil

Reaction score
Hey Guys , hope some of you remember ole Vmax735 aka Colorado Phil .... I'm still hanging on to my Vmax but its not running...I have the 1500 long rod and it was built by PCW ...I think ole Gainey Shut it down .... Trying to find someone who can get it up and running ... who is the expert nowadays ?

LCR Performance-Larry Fitzgerald
560 Avis St.
Rochester NY 14615

585 458-8185 no email, call him, leave a message if he doesn't answer

VMax LCR Performance chain-drive.jpgVMax LCR Performance shop.jpg
LCR Performance.02.jpgLCR Performance.03.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Guys , hope some of you remember ole Vmax735 aka Colorado Phil .... I'm still hanging on to my Vmax but its not running...I have the 1500 long rod and it was built by PCW ...I think ole Gainey Shut it down .... Trying to find someone who can get it up and running ... who is the expert nowadays ?
hello i just talked to pcw today. 518.859.6669 wayne b

Considering diving in and fixing it myself .... I have just been lazy ... Vmax is a pain in the ass ..... Every time i split the cases i have bolts break .... Its an 85' ...i worry about that more than anything .... Also the timing mark on the crankshshaft is literally up to your imagination. And if the mechanic that spent 3 years fucking around with it is right and its a fuel system delivery issue , then i am weakest in Carb's ... Never really worked on them ..... Just tired of seeing it sitting there not running ...Miss the sound the thing makes more than anything .....

Considering diving in and fixing it myself
really depends on what is preventing if from running - does engine turn over on the starter, does it fire up? have carbs been balanced?

if it runs badly, then have the carbs have been jetted for the 1500 engine, I'm sure you can get a ballpark figure on what jets other owners are using for this engine.

Back