160 mph police chase

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He got away clean, then the dumbass posts the video. What an idiot, not like it was the brightest thing to do first of all.

"Police have seized his dirt bike, helmet, camera, laptop and jacket".
Pretty fast dirt bike:ummm:

He got away clean, then the dumbass posts the video. What an idiot, not like it was the brightest thing to do first of all.

This goes back to a thread trama started.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=41132

Post #4 by miles. "Not exclusively the fault of the parents, Eric.
"Social media" has determined the actions of many, including the majority of young people. Most want to be known, be liked, most of all get their "15 minutes of fame"
Privacy and most perceptions of social correctness have vanished (this is where the parents have failed).
Another example of this behavior is the active thread regarding the sport biker, being harassed by the cage driver.
The rider was not content to save his video for the police, possibly as proof of the driver's intent to maim or kill.
No, he had to upload it to "social media", most likely to be a hero in his social media friend's eyes - the majority of whom he hasn't even met personally.
He most likely never considered that the video most likely will be used against him, as proof of his reckless riding.
Just my opinion. Cheers!"

What a DUMBASS. I dont know about other states, but OHP around Oklahoma City have a couple of hayabusas to discourage behaviour like this.

Attachments

• Oklahoma_Highway_Patrol_-_Hayabusa_.jpg
    Oklahoma_Highway_Patrol_-_Hayabusa_.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 18
That is is North Jersey....very close to me. I've ridden/driven those roads hundreds of times.

Kind of surreal for me to watch. Looks like rush hour traffic......dangerous even at legal speeds.

Hayabusa wouldn't help in this case.....good chance of the cop getting killed. Much more useful in states with wide open spaces.

True....OK isnt known for its twisty and curvy roads.:biglaugh:

I really meant just too much traffic......I'm not so sure a PO on a bike would be thrilled about matching some of the moves that idiot made on his.

My brother is 20+ years on the force and he has never chased a bike in a patrol car when they blow his radar. He feels the chances of something really bad happening are not worth it. Either the biker dead or some innocent he hits with his patrol car.

I really meant just too much traffic......I'm not so sure a PO on a bike would be thrilled about matching some of the moves that idiot made on his.

My brother is 20+ years on the force and he has never chased a bike in a patrol car when they blow his radar. He feels the chances of something really bad happening are not worth it. Either the biker dead or some innocent he hits with his patrol car.

Well I just looked it up and OHP on the hayabusas go to the california superbike school for training.

I understand. I knew one officer that chased a motorcycle ( I dont know what kind) and it resulted in the cyclist crashing and ended in a fatality. Last time that I had talked to him, he still thinks about it every so often.

I think when they did get him he had a dirt bike in his possession and they went ahead and arbitrarily seized that and other property not used in the commission of his infractions. Even peckerheads deserve due process and protection from unreasonable seizure so long as they are ultimately held fully accountable for their misdeeds.

Nothing spells rights violations like powertripping or (in this case) ego bruised cops.

Well I just looked it up and OHP on the hayabusas go to the california superbike school for training.

I understand. I knew one officer that chased a motorcycle ( I dont know what kind) and it resulted in the cyclist crashing and ended in a fatality. Last time that I had talked to him, he still thinks about it every so often.

I guess I can see taking his DL and stiff fines/jail time/comm svc. but how can they jack his bike? Is it because it was a criminal offense rather than just traffic violations? Im not asking to be a butthole but Im really curious. I think that amounts to felony eluding in some states, plus a whole host of other charges. Did you get to see his sentence? I cant find it.

I guess I can see taking his DL and stiff fines/jail time/comm svc. but how can they jack his bike? Is it because it was a criminal offense rather than just traffic violations? Im not asking to be a butthole but Im really curious. I think that amounts to felony eluding in some states, plus a whole host of other charges. Did you get to see his sentence? I cant find it.

I dont know, but I'm wondering if they confiscated it due to it being used in the commission of a felony? I now that for some speeding offenses in a car, the car gets impounded as well.

EDIT**I just saw where you had said dirtbike........so I dont know? Well the newspaper said dirtbike......I wonder if they made a mistake, and shouldve said streetbike?

Ya don't get away and then POST A FRACKING VIDEO OF IT. This guy's Winner of the Dumb Ass Award.

I dont know, but I'm wondering if they confiscated it due to it being used in the commission of a felony? I now that for some speeding offenses in a car, the car gets impounded as well.

EDIT**I just saw where you had said dirtbike........so I dont know? Well the newspaper said dirtbike......I wonder if they made a mistake, and shouldve said streetbike?

I guess a typo is possible, vehicle seizure and impound are pretty different stories as impounds can normally be retrieved, sometimes after a hold period. Good luck getting a seized vehicle back without a lawyer and a ton of luck.

Why take his laptop? It was not a tool used in the crime, rather the tool this dildo used to unwittingly give the police video evidence of his own felony. They should give him another with complimentary free internet and just watch his social media use. SpecOps is right on, Im not sure how guys like this get from one day to the next.

An acquaintance lost his 25' deep-V twin inboard when he was stopped by the local south FL municipal Marine Patrol, they thought it was stolen, he had to get an attorney to get it back, $10K in attorney's fees, and more in impoundment fees. I forget the charge or the issue, but he did recover it. It took months.

About the same time the municipality where I worked had an auction, there was a wrecked VMax that had sat outside in the weather, I went to the auction to see if I could get it reasonably, of course there was no way to know if it ran or not. It sold 'way-overpriced, about $2200 as I recall. I would have bought it around $600 but not knowing if it was fatally wounded, that was crazy money it sold for.

Up
He posted the video, but was it him? I didn't see a face.... A good lawyer will get him off. He'll get scraped off the pavement at a later date.

With his powerful cognitive prowess in full bloom, he probanly confessed figuring that they got him dead to rights. A guy that does this is not a guy that knows how to say "lawyer" before regaling the arresting officers with a fully detailed account after being asked a well phrased question or two. Probably with a hint of arrogance and the taste of glory still on the back of his tongue. Just a guess but a public defender and some jail time are in his future.

I agree that if he has a competent lawyer and knew to not speak or sign anything he may have a chance, but thats not where my money is.

I guess a typo is possible, vehicle seizure and impound are pretty different stories as impounds can normally be retrieved, sometimes after a hold period. Good luck getting a seized vehicle back without a lawyer and a ton of luck.

Why take his laptop? It was not a tool used in the crime, rather the tool this dildo used to unwittingly give the police video evidence of his own felony. They should give him another with complimentary free internet and just watch his social media use. SpecOps is right on, Im not sure how guys like this get from one day to the next.

I bet the Police took the laptop to see if there was any additional evidence the it contained.

More high speed videos could be used to support the case.

We live in a digital world...

It looks like he actually edited the video to smudge MOST of the highway signs. But didn't get ALL of them.

My opinion:

He gives bikers a bad name.

This world needs more people to man up - if they screw up. You learn from your mistakes.

Back