17"rear rim on ebay

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wheel comes with a limited edition lankee modified swingarm for additional tire clearance :rofl_200:

Attachments

• _KGrHqVHJDEE7Bcvh8foBO0RvhmGE_60_35.jpeg
    _KGrHqVHJDEE7Bcvh8foBO0RvhmGE_60_35.jpeg
    12.5 KB · Views: 36
The wheel comes with a limited edition lankee modified swingarm for additional tire clearance :rofl_200:

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Man, thats a busted looking welding job. Talk about inconsistant beading.

My favorive part was the:

The Swing arm has been modified to take this big tire,
And they have a picture of the "big" tire and its the stocker 150 width.

I'm not too sure about this one. A hacked swingarm, inconsistant welds, + who knows what. I wouldn't feel comfortable with it. No bids from me. I wonder what shop, that the guy wrote of, did the work.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqNHJ!8E63SLg9tQBO0RvSbgug~~60_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqNHJ!8E63SLg9tQBO0RvSbgug~~60_12.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 28
Ya, its not pretty and would take some work, but..... it IS cheap, might be worth a gamble for someone who can get the welds checked and do some cleanup work. It all looks like a project half done.

I was going through ebay last night getting ready to put some XS11 parts up for sale when I ran across this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-86-Yam...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item415ffbe547

Normally I don't email people on eBay that I'm not going to buy from, but I had to tell him that the part he was selling is not what hes describing. But then again it might be for them new tail light gauges :biglaugh:

I was going through ebay last night getting ready to put some XS11 parts up for sale when I ran across this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-86-Yam...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item415ffbe547

Normally I don't email people on eBay that I'm not going to buy from, but I had to tell him that the part he was selling is not what hes describing. But then again it might be for them new tail light gauges :biglaugh:

There is a guy on the pittsburgh CL that has been trying to sell a "91"cr500 for awhile now.I have seen him put up a few ads. Each time he lists it as a 91 but the bike is older than that.
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mcy/2684079120.html

Seems there are a lot of people out there selling stuff without knowing exactly what it is. I know I've got a pile of stuff that I am not exactly sure what it belongs too. I've got a pretty good idea but not sure on years for some of it.

Seems there are a lot of people out there selling stuff without knowing exactly what it is.

I agree. I like it when they try to hype the ads. Some are pretty funny, like that buy who was hyping his car ("This car loves to go sideways, you know who don't like going sideways, terrorists. Your not a terrorist are you?"), other's are flat out lies (like the 200+hp Vmax, that made this power on stock carbs and exhaust :biglaugh:).

Dude I saw the title for this and was all ready to pull the trigger on it until I took a look at the pics in the eBay add. DAMN!!! I have been looking for a rear wheel upgrade for a while for my 85 and thought HOLY CRAP!!! here it is! but after looking at it...My 13 year old welds aluminum better than that on a bad day. I hope that guy the best but 400 for a bad welded pieced together wheel and a butchered swing arm isnt cheap thats a waste of money IMHO I worked in the oil fields for a very long time and know a thing or two about welding on aluminum with a lot of torqe and stress behind it. I personally wouldnt trust that weld job to hold up. It would be a good project to re-weld and go from there and then have the swing arm notched properly. but then again after spending 400 then the cost of redoing the weld and the swing arm plus shipping to and from you may as well send off the original from your bike and get it done right the fist time. But thats my opinion and Im sticking to it.....
That said I sent the owner this email

Hi, I have been looking at the wheel and wanted to offer 200 shipped for the rim only. The reason is that the tire is a stock 150 width even though it is on a 17" rim. I have no use for the tire, swing-arm, axle or brake carrier. The weld will definitely need to be gone over and some metal work done to polish it down to look good. I know my offer is lower than your asking price but it is a solid offer and I will pay through PayPal so you do not loose 12% in fees. You don't have to accept this offer right now but if the wheel doesn't sell in a reasonable amount of time please keep me in mind.
Thanks
Lawrence
Richardson Chop Shop LLC

I think Im being fair...right??

For looking at the pictures i don't see such a bad weld on the rim... It depends on how it is underneath but on the surface it isn't that bad. If the fabricator chanfered it well and filled with weld i'd be pleased with it even though i would machine the bead to make it flush and to avoid too much weight when wheel balancing...

Back