1700 Master Cylinder Joint Broke

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Django

Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues with the gen 2 master cylinder joint snapping where it attaches to the brake pedal?
Mine had the bottom break off were the pin goes through 2000 miles.
Seems to be a cheap casted part.
p2072271331-5.jpg

Think there is a thread on starmax forum on this....have to look for it, think guy chg to another bike model piece for few bucks, guess better material or design.... This would be the second I've seen on the forums.

Think there is a thread on starmax forum on this....have to look for it, think guy chg to another bike model piece for few bucks, guess better material or design.... This would be the second I've seen on the forums.

Here is the post: http://www.starvmax.com/kunena/14-i.../64207-18-000-bike-2-part-replace-it?start=40

It's a rare occurrence. I just looked at mine and it looks new at 18K miles. I use the rear brake very sparingly though...mostly cause it sucks IMO. :)

I dunno about the thread, but it looks like a common clevis. You should be able to find something more-robust in steel or SS if it's an aluminum casting. Try a local boating supply house, check-out the sailing hardware-block & tackle type fittings. Maybe a turnbuckle?

Things like that (cast aluminum) are prone to breakage when excess force is applied to it in a direction not in-keeping with its design parameters. My experience, the hard way.

Back