18' VMax.... Dyno'd 197

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuruedVMax

Reaction score
So here's my mechanical mods. Nash Flash, MAJOR air box mods, K&N, Power Commander V, Delkevic 8 inch round carbon fiber decat pipe exhaust with slash cuts (sans baffles per Tim), clutch upgrades. 2 hours and 23 miles later on the dyno, it made 196.68 RWHP and 128.86 ft. lbs. of torque. I take the liberty of rounding it up to 197 hp. The Power Commander V made a big difference in getting the final tune just right.

Attachments

• VMax against green 001 (2).jpg
    VMax against green 001 (2).jpg
    411.9 KB · Views: 61
Congrats, great numbers!

The difference between a stock Gen 2 and a de-catted and tuned one is significant.

Losing 20lbs and gaining 20 HP is a change you can really feel.

Enjoy!

Does your PC-V have the AutoTune option added to it?

I honestly don't know. Once it was installed at the dynoshop, he hooked it up to his computer to dial the AFR in. Tim Nash said 13.2 / 13.3 was the ideal ratio. Took him awhile to get there. But there wasn't anything done automatically that I'm aware of so I'd guess no.... sorry I'm not more helpful.

The tuner put 23 miles on the bike while on the dyno.... and he'd dyno'd over 4,000 bikes during his time.

I honestly don't know. Once it was installed at the dynoshop, he hooked it up to his computer to dial the AFR in. Tim Nash said 13.2 / 13.3 was the ideal ratio. Took him awhile to get there. But there wasn't anything done automatically that I'm aware of so I'd guess no.... sorry I'm not more helpful.

The AutoTune module is an add on module to the PCV that allows you to tune the bike "automatically" while putting miles on the bike. It wouldn't typically be used at a shop that does dyno tuning. It can be used effectively with some effort to create a decent map.....but not really as good as what a good tuner can do on a dyno.

I suspect your Max needed a little more time on the dyno than most that have a re-flash, because the re-flash tune was a bit of a compromise. It was not done for the Delkevic pipe but was the closest available. Gurued Gears tunes are very specific and proven to be very accurate although they are all slightly and purposely a little rich for safety. Usually any power improvements made on the dyno are from removing a little fuel.

The AutoTune module is an add on module to the PCV that allows you to tune the bike "automatically" while putting miles on the bike. It wouldn't typically be used at a shop that does dyno tuning. It can be used effectively with some effort to create a decent map.....but not really as good as what a good tuner can do on a dyno.

I suspect your Max needed a little more time on the dyno than most that have a re-flash, because the re-flash tune was a bit of a compromise. It was not done for the Delkevic pipe but was the closest available. Gurued Gears tunes are very specific and proven to be very accurate although they are all slightly and purposely a little rich for safety. Usually any power improvements made on the dyno are from removing a little fuel.

Then no, it does not have an 'auto tuner'.... and you are correct because Tim told me that as he did not have a program worked up for the Delkevic exhaust he was going to tune it to a Holeshot Performance 4 into 2 system thinking that was probably the closest, BUT... he said it would be mandatory for me to install the PCV in order to get the flash/tune dialed in perfectly which is why it took so long. I have to admit I was impressed by how thorough the tuner was with my bike. Besides, the last thing I need, is for something else to be screwing with... lol... All I can say is I am very pleased with the results...

Very nice numbers! I have Delkevic 14 " slip ons, power commander 5 with the ECU flashed. I tuned each cylinder bank. 184/121 ft ibs

Back