180mph crash

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wrecked at 188mph in Pomona Ca and I all can remember is trying to stand up too early. Mistake.

I went over going about 20 mph. Jumped up and tried to upright the bike. After I couldn't get it because of lack of air (cracked ribs), a fella helped me. I rode the 2 miles home and then called a buddy to let him know I had gone down. After parking the bike, and talking to him, I couldn't remember where I had the accident. My last memory was leaving a dealership 20 miles away. After talking to him about 30 minutes, it started to come back to me. So, I decided, maybe I should go be checked out. 2 cracked ribs, messed up foot and ankle (couldn't put any weight on it for 3 days), and a concussion.

I guess the sparks were from a magnesium wheel contacting the pavement when the tire failed? The ricochet off the left wall almost caught him, at least it looked like he was in the center of the track, and the bike made a left-bank carom-shot off the grandstand wall and crossed the track diagonally, and almost took him out.

Back