1936 Chevrolet Assembly Line

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alorio1

Reaction score
1936 Chevrolet Assembly Line

This is really awesome footage. A 1936 Chevrolet assembly factory. Note the automation that was already in place, the workers lack of any and all modern safety equipment, glasses and helmets, and they ALL know exactly what to do and its getting done. Note also that when the body comes together with the chassis that it is in FULL trim, Interior, windshield, all glass etc. is already in place as it is dropped onto the awaiting rolling chassis, "AMAZING". Simplicity at its best. Note too when the metal finishers are checking the sheet metal for minute and tiny flaws and defects that they are wearing heavy leather work gloves. How would YOU like that repetitious job of placing 3 rivets in the 3 holes on the chassis for about 35 to 40 years.

http://www.dump.com/2011/07/15/fascinating-1936-footage-of-car-assembly-linehttp://www.dump.com/2011/07/15/fascinating-1936-footage-of-car-assembly-line

Absolutely Way Too Cool, Joe..... Can't build them that well now....:sad2:

Noticed the giant presses already had the two-hand operation....had to press both buttons to start it. They had some safety precautions.

Really cool video though. Wonder where all that factory equipment goes?

How would YOU like that repetitious job of placing 3 rivets in the 3 holes on the chassis for about 35 to 40 years.

I have done jobs that repetitive even if only on a temp basis. Folding towels in an industrial laundry on tables set up for 5ft nothing Laotian women when you are 5'10" is the very definition of non ergonomic. It was also great incentive to finish college.

Amazing video, though.

i AMAZING FOOTAGE ! I LOVE HOW WHEN THE FENDERS ARE PUT ON THEY LAY FENDER COVERS ON THEM AND KNEEL ON THEM TO COMPLETE THE CAR ! .. TODAY IF YOU KNELT ON A CAR WITH A FENDER COVER IT WOULD BE FUCKING TOTALED ! .. THANKS FOR THE POST alorio1 !

Excellent video.

Looking at that it's no wonder the Axis powers never stood a chance once the whole of the US industrial complex went into wartime production.

The Krupp steel empire not withstanding...even they couldn't keep up

i work at a honda assembly plant and i think we do more hands on than they did back then! at least on my line

i will say this though, there are several people in this video that have serious skills. not just laborers, but craftsman

Back