• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1972 Honda 750/4 SOHC

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, this is a CB750 thread (started as FM's K2 advisory in FL and sort of morphed into the saga of my K5). So, evaporative cooler is still doing it in the shop (amazing since it's 113F outside as I type this in here - where the temp is currently a cool 81). Happy with that!

Anyway, I got the harness installed and have lights (headlight/tail/instruments), ignition and starter engagement. It was not without just a little grief, but the deed is done. Don't want to attempt a startup until the exhaust is hung - copper oring/gaskets due tomorrow. I'll be keeping the cafe config for now as it's so close, all I'll need is tail light, plate bracket and a chain. Got three in the boxes, but I want a new one.

One disappointment surfaced. I mentioned a "spare" motor as among the many parts that were included. Turns out that the "spare" is actually the ORIGINAL to the bike! Dang it. The one in there now is a '76! Wonder what happened to the original? (At least I have it).

So, it ain't a Vmax, but I am pretty excited about this thing.
IMG_1395.jpg

Latest posts

Back