• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts For Sale 1983 Honda v65 Magna Complete for parts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patate657

Brownsville, tx
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just acquired a 1983 Gen 1 complete. About 36,000 miles on the clock. Runs, but not good. Will need carb job. This will not be a project. I will be parting it out soon. I will be adding some pictures tomorrow, thus up dating the post.

PM, 956-801-5746 or [email protected]

Thank You

Phil

Okay this is the 1983 v65 Gen 1 I picked up for parting or selling whole. Went ahead and put it's battery on the charger. I've decided to give it a try to see if it runs. Pulled off a stereo, speakers, windshield and fog lights. Fuddy duddy stuff...
P1080023.JPGP1080029.JPG

I'd get that running and start hitting the shows with a 'for sale' sign on it. It appears clean for its age. How many miles? It might not even be broken in, if it had a mature rider & set-up for touring.

Two of my friends and co-workers on fire/rescue bought the V45's that first year, believe it was '82. I rode them both, I thought they were very-decent bikes. The carbs were a P.I.A., if you had to remove them for service/cleaning. The V65 was a Bad Boy until the VMax arrived. Smooth, fast, and comfortable. Oh, and typical Honda low maintenance.

Honda V65 Magna.png

Last edited:
Looks pretty nice, especially after taking off all the fuddy duddy stuff and pressure washing it. The place that had it, jacked up the Ignition and broke the ignition mount in the process. Registered 2017 and been sitting for about 2+ yrs. Quick glance tells me it was laid down on the right side. Crunched the front fender and bent the front brake lever. No pressure in the front brake or clutch master cylinders. And looks like it may need fork seals.
Tomorrow i'll start on it. Got the chrome magna Handle Bars I've been looking for. I will swap them out and try to keep the bike as complete as possible. Until a big part.
P1080006.JPG sells off it.

1983 Side Panels for sale. Just put these on ebay for $169. Here they go for $149. Free shipping. OEM good shape. Needing paint and repair.
All blemishes shown in pictures.
Covers
'SOLD!'
Head light
'SOLD!...'

Last edited:
Off my 1983 v65 Magna Parts Bike. Let me know what part you need.
Few to no Blemishes. Look at pictures closely.
All bulbs changed or checked.
Rubber gasket checked and changed where needed.
Lenses buffed. But all units could use a bite more polishing up.
Boots checked and replaced where needed.
Rebuilt both rear turn signals.
All tested and working.
Fits other Gen 1s.
Asking $55 - Shipping Included
PM / 956-807-5746 / [email protected]
P1120008.JPGP1120009.JPGP1120010.JPGP1120011.JPG

From my 1983 Honda v65 Magna Parts Bike.
Have more items from this bike. Let me know what you need.
Very good shape except for glue and scratches that need to be cleaned and polished.
No cracks or breaks. Back pad could use reupholstering.
Blemishes noted in pictures.
W/Hardware included.
All brackets (Side Reflectors) shown included.
Item will need to be assembled when received.
'SOLD'

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back