1985 17 inch wheel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just buy a good-condition used 'Busa and save yourself all-sorts of headaches, and $$$ (over a Gen I chain-conversion). Keep the 'Max for power cruiser fun, keep it stock for the powerplant and just do bolt-ons, and ride the Suzuki when you need your arms straightened. Or, just can the two bikes, and get a Gen II for probably similar $$ to what the Hyabusa and a modded Gen I would ultimately cost you, and simplify your life.

Instead of getting that, I think I would rather wait till I got a chain drive conversion, and then run a set of R-1 wheels.

But a chain drive is a rather expensive and involved option..

Just buy a good-condition used 'Busa and save yourself all-sorts of headaches, and $$$ (over a Gen I chain-conversion). Keep the 'Max for power cruiser fun, keep it stock for the powerplant and just do bolt-ons, and ride the Suzuki when you need your arms straightened. Or, just can the two bikes, and get a Gen II for probably similar $$ to what the Hyabusa and a modded Gen I would ultimately cost you, and simplify your life.

When I reach the point where I can have (read... afford) more than one bike, the Busa is on the list of those that I shall be selecting from. Also on that list...
GSX-R1000
VTR1000F Superhawk
KTM RC-8
Aprilia RSV4

The 1st Gen V-max is the VERY first bike I fell in lust with, and has ALWAYS been one of my dream bikes to own. That being said, there are a lot of things which I would have to do to it to make it fit what I want from it. I could find a Busa (or some other bike) that fits me 1000% as in power, handling, comfort, and looks, but it will still NOT be a 1st Gen V-max.

That is why I am MORE than willing to shovel money into my bike. This is the bike I TRUELY love.

That diversion wheel is 4.5 wide so good up to a 170 tire. The wheel coupling is right on only thing needed to be done is spacers to relocate the caliper mount.

Back