• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Motorycle For Sale 1985 for sale

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, I'm not sure why the link didn't attach the 1st time.

Looks like it's about 20 miles north of Ft. Wayne IN, not too-far from the MI border. An operable bike, w/2nd gear issues, is probably worth $1K for as many miles as it has; $1700 is a bit of a stretch. If it was clean and had extras (I spy a 4/1, what appear to be PM rear shocks, decent paint, a later model front wheel, maybe a front-end accident in those 60K miles? I'd check the lower triple tree fork stops to see if they're damaged, common in a front end accident. Also crash bars/case-savers, and what appears to be a better headlamp) then something above $1K may be indicated. Says it's at a dealer, but the pics say, 'private sale.' Offer $1K and see where things land. If the seller insists on $1700, I'd walk.

What's the VIN? And does the engine match the frame VIN for year of manufacture? It's not uncommon for Yamahas to be not exactly the same numbers, for the engine and chassis, but you can determine what the engine's year of manufacture is from its #.

VMax VIN chart-country-colors.02.pngVMax VIN chart-country-colors.03.pngVMax VIN chart-country-colors.04.pngVMax VIN chart-country-colors.05.pngVMax VIN chart-country-colors.06.pngVMax VIN chart-country-colors.07.pngVMax VIN chart-country-colors.png

Latest posts

Back