1985 front wheel disc swap with 1993

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedcostsmoney

Reaction score
hi would like to know if a 1985 vmax front wheel bolt circle for the discs is the same as that of a 2004 vmax front wheel can i swap:ummm: discs

Yes! Keep in mind that you'll have to use a spacer on the calipers to space them out if you're using stock forks.

Sean Morley has these made up and for sale.

Chris

ok if i understand correctly i can swap discs from my 2004 vmax onto a 1985 vmax wheel but need spacers for the calipers

Can I swap my 85 calipers for a 2004 Yamaha vmax calipers. Will the calipers on a 2004 fit on the 1985 vmax?

No, not direct bolt-on.

1985-1992 are 40 mm downtubes and I think it's either 82 or 84 mm o.c. caliper bolt spacing, and smaller dia. rotors. Freely-swap among those years: forks (downtubes, sliders), triple trees, calipers, brake splitter, front brake hoses, rotors, fender mount/fork-brace. To-1992 used a metal tubing manifold to connect the fork air pressure system, and one Schrader valve for two downtubes.

1993-2007 are 43 mm downtubes &100 mm o.c. caliper mounting and larger dia. rotors 298 mm if I recall. Freely swap among those years: forks (downtubes, sliders), triple trees, calipers, brake splitter, front brake hoses, rotors, fender mount/fork-brace. 1993-2007 used 2 Schrader valves in the downtubes fork caps in-place of the earlier metal tubing manifold and one Schrader valve for two downtubes.

Last edited:
What would be the most affordable and effective way to increase the handling and braking?

Back