1985 rear wheel fit a 2002

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mudgnome

Reaction score
Hi,

Need a quick answer,buddy of mine is breaking up a 1985 Max,will the rear wheel
Fit my 2002?,if it does I want to send it of and be converted to 18".

I guess it will. Only patterns changed over the years but not size. The lengh if the stem has changed a bit also if I remember well.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Wheels swap to all years with no problems. The front axle changed by 1/4" at some point, but i can't remember when that was. The rear axle nut changed as well, but it shouldn't affect anything.

IIRC the rear axle did in fact changed in length when they changed from a 27mm castellated nut to the newer style one. The older axle has a cross drill for one of those below (don't recall the name in english). Wheels just change in looks.

images

Front axle stayed the same from all that I have seen. Rear axle changed in length as noted (shorter) in the later model bikes. They do not have the cotter pin hole drilled since they did use the self locking nut. The reason for the length change was due to a change in the rear diff housing where they have a casting used by the royal star line for a speedo sensor (looks like a tear drop shaped casting just in front of the shock mount location).

i put an '85 kosman wheel on my '03, so you're all good!

Back