• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Motorycle For Sale 1985 Vmax blue $2900

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasonk

Reaction score
Bike runs great and pulls crazy hard with the stage 7 kit. I bought it last year thinking It would be the bike to cruise around with the kid but it’s not. Too loud and crazy for his entry into the world of motorcycling. I was coming off smaller more sportier bikes and thought this would be a good transition but the lil man is a bit scared of the rumble (this bike is pretty darn loud)
8F6635A9-E3AA-4337-9AAA-09338AB03018.jpeg
Everything on the bike is functional and as it was when I bought it. I did rebuild the carbs and replaced a cracked slide and diaphragm. It has 4/1 kerker on it. Floating brake rotors and steel braided brake lines. Also I believe oversized tires/wheels but I’m bot

the chassis has 60k on it but the motor was pulled from a 2005 and reportedly has about 20k on it. There’s no way to know as it was done by original owner (I’m third owner I believe). Bike does not appear to have ever been down.

no shifting issues, no starting issues. I do have the spare motor/trans (no carb bank) I’ll include for the asking price. If lower I’ll keep it for a future project.

bike is located in Southeast Ohio (Athens)

8F6635A9-E3AA-4337-9AAA-09338AB03018.jpeg

Last edited:
You may want to give a hint at the price.

$2900. Thanks! Not sure how that got cut out when I was editing the post!

Any chance of a few Extra pictures, close ups etc to me in a PM?? Maybe a confirmation that the rims have ben upgraded in size. Would it say on the sidewall of the tire perhaps? I'm in Ga but know of a great shipper. Thanks

Any chance of a few Extra pictures, close ups etc to me in a PM?? Maybe a confirmation that the rims have ben upgraded in size. Would it say on the sidewall of the tire perhaps? I'm in Ga but know of a great shipper. Thanks

yes no problem. Can you pm me your number? If you have an iPhone I can do a walk around with a cold startup. File might be too big to send otherwise but pics are no problem at all

fwiw I have plans to bring an empty trailer to Knoxville area this coming weekend to pick up new bike. I could haul bike down possibly

Yeah, I suspect the question about 'bigger tires' was directed to it maybe having a larger rim in the rear (17") and smaller-dia but wider in-front (17" X 3-1/2"). The rear is 2X larger (170 vs 150) but still a 15". Front is OEM sized tire. The wheels appear to be the correct OEM ones for use in '85-'86.

Bump. Please dont make me sell this on Facebook lol. I would much rather deal with someone on this forum.

Bump. Probably will list outside of here this weekend. Took the bike for a ride today and she's a rippin!

Bump. I really dont want to deal with Facebook marketplace.

im coming to Maryville for Xmas if you want to buy yourself something nice! 😁
Between the others I have bought lately and the one's I am working on I have a garage full the price would have to be spectacular. Lol

Attachments

• 20211209_123543.jpg
    20211209_123543.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 20211209_110924.jpg
    20211209_110924.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 50

Latest posts

Back