• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1985 vmax carbs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soggy Gopher

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I inherited an 85 vmax that has been sitting up for about 10 years. Unfortunately had a few rounds the ethanol in it then parked..... I've replaced gas tank, fuel lines, filters among other things and now I'm in the market for a full set of carbs for this thing. After soaking old carbs for weeks in parts cleaner with no joy and sending them off to a buddy at the local stealership I was told they aren't coming back to life. Fortunately that was no money out of my pocket for the assessment. Any help locating a deal would be much appreciated.

You can have then rebuilt by Dannymax (you can click on the banner above) GREAT carb builder.

Sean Morley has rebuilt carbs ready to go, and you just swap them out. Best way to get him is email. [email protected]

Kyle Clegg (Captain Kyle) can also rebuild carbs, and just might have a very good used set to go. His email is [email protected].

GET YOUR CARBS BACK! Don't let them keep your carbs, even if it's a bunch of parts in a box.

Good to know! I'll get them back asap and reach out to the guys listed above. More to come with updates as they happen...

Worst case i do have some available for an outright purchase.

Hello everyone

I inherited an 85 vmax that has been sitting up for about 10 years. Unfortunately had a few rounds the ethanol in it then parked..... I've replaced gas tank, fuel lines, filters among other things and now I'm in the market for a full set of carbs for this thing. After soaking old carbs for weeks in parts cleaner with no joy and sending them off to a buddy at the local stealership I was told they aren't coming back to life. Fortunately that was no money out of my pocket for the assessment. Any help locating a deal would be much appreciated.

A good soda blast works wonders on crud that won't come out. +1 to getting the carbs back. Post a few pics? No dis. to your friend, but stealerships don't instill much confidence in me for getting Vmax carbs done right. Dannymax is who you should talk to.

A good soda blast works wonders on crud that won't come out. +1 to getting the carbs back. Post a few pics? No dis. to your friend, but stealerships don't instill much confidence in me for getting Vmax carbs done right. Dannymax is who you should talk to.

He's getting mine and I think mines running good!
When I get them back, I'll KNOW it is!

Latest posts

Back