• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 1985 Vmax For Sale - SOLD

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
#1) Where is Hickory?
#2) When you have the video around the front of the engine, does it have a large exhaust leak?
#3) My first time seeing those bitchin' scoops! Sucks they are discontinued. Are they straight, or are there filters in there?
#4) Your asking price is spot on, very reasonable. 🤘

No buddy that's the flat slide carbs making that noise. I have the exact same setup on mine and also the ram air scoops and like he said it runs mean as hell that bike is well worth 6 grand ALL DAY LONG. Mine has little filters in the ends of the scoop openings his is open which is no big deal but yes you can put filters in it.

Last edited:
Hey Auqamax, Hickoy is in North Carolina. The chatter you hear is the VGas Keihin Flat Side Carburetors like V4max said. They have a chatter at Idle. One of a kind Sound! The Ram Air Scoops have screen filters at the front and thats it! pretty free flowing for the most part so the Carbs get get all the air they want and need! Shes priced to sell with lots of Goodies!

When I first heard mine I thought the motor was knocking 😂. Then my brother explained to me what it was and I researched it then I felt better. Those air scoops are nice I put filters in mine you'd be surprised the bugs and stuff it collects. Your definitely pricing that thing to sell buddy someone will be getting a steal and a nice ass bike.

Thanks guys, this is the first I've heard of flat slides making a noise like that. Pretty funky!
Man, I wish I was about 6 states closer to you...

If I wasn't strapped for cash, I'd be all over this for just the scoops, flat sides, swing arm, rear wheel, an clear engine covers. That is definitely a good deal with all the modifications. I'd take your bike and my bike and make my dream bike.

Attachments

• IMG_20200622_193501088_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200622_193501088_HDR.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 14
If I wasn't strapped for cash, I'd be all over this for just the scoops, flat sides, swing arm, rear wheel, an clear engine covers. That is definitely a good deal with all the modifications. I'd take your bike and my bike and make my dream bike.
Love what you did with " the thing " not sure what you call her but she is the thing I'm going for right now and after that expense out of the way a mosquito helicopter. And anyone who has the need for speed and excitement needs to get one.
But what is your bottom $ and do you ship?
I'm looking at $5500 and shipping cost 50/50???

1985 Yamaha Vmax 1200 Gen 1
Lots of Aftermarket Parts -
UFO VGas Flat Side Keihin Carburetors
UFO Ram Air Scoops
UFO 4 into 2 Exhaust
UFO Clear Clutch Cover
UFO Clear Water Pump Cover
Barnett Performance Clutch Upgrade Kit
NGK Racing Red Plug Wires and NGK Iridium Plugs
Aftermarket Rear Wheel
Sissy Bar / Backrest
L.E.D. Taillight and Turn Signals
Windscreen / Windshield
Aftermarket Rear Springs that Lower Bike
Aftermarket Tag Holder
Drag Bars
Aftermarket Instrument Cluster with Tachometer, Oil Pressure Gauge, Shift Light, Odometer, and Temperature Gauge
Brand New Battery

I'm sure I am missing some stuff. If you know anything about these bike you'll know that's a lot of upgrades for a Vmax. Ive had a hand full of these bikes in my lifetime, Gen1 and Gen 2, so I know a good bit about these bikes. This was going to be a new project for me that I just dont have time for right now. Bike Runs Very Strong. I was going to tear it apart, new paint, and make her look new again with all the goodies. Now it can be someone elses. You can leave it alone and ride it as is or do your own thing. Paint could use some love, mainly on and around the engine and components. These Carburetors and Ram Air Scoops alone are almost $4,000.00 and they make this thing Meaner than Hell. And they do NOT even make these Ram Air Scoops anymore. Title is Clean and in Hand. The Odometer, I was told, was changed around 15k miles with 3,239k showing currently. So bike has roughly about 20k miles on it. I assure you she still runs strong! $6000.00

Attached is Video
View attachment 84754View attachment 84755View attachment 84756View attachment 84757

Sweet ride!

QUESTION TEAM ! why is only one air scoop open for cool air wouldnt help more if both were open pros / cons of opening both ? thk you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back