• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Motorycle For Sale 1985 Vmax for sale

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjscharlotte

Reaction score
I'm selling my 85' Vmax to make room for some other toys. The bike sat for several years before I got it but I got it running great. Cosmetically it has some surface rust on the rear springs and a few other spots. The clear coat has peeled off the side scoops but the bike is ridable and will be fun for someone. Don''t hesitate to ask any questions. Asking $4300 and i'm in Charlotte, NC.

Attachments

• tempImageGmqogk.png
    tempImageGmqogk.png
    14.8 MB · Views: 3
  • tempImage8j5vA1.png
    tempImage8j5vA1.png
    13.7 MB · Views: 0
  • tempImagedZOw3B.png
    tempImagedZOw3B.png
    14.6 MB · Views: 0
  • tempImagefMJvbI.png
    tempImagefMJvbI.png
    14.6 MB · Views: 0
  • tempImagesiOGv7.png
    tempImagesiOGv7.png
    7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1014.mov
    49.9 MB
It doesn't look too-bad, seat needs re-covering, missing radiator shrouds, and it has Supertrapp slip-ons. A motivated seller, and someone who wants a first-year bike, should go for a reasonable price if 2nd gear is good and it runs OK. How many miles showing? The last 4 of the VIN will tell where it was in the production queue, the production run for USA '85 models is usually attributed to be 8,800. If the stickie is still on the steering head, the month/year should be there too.

There's a Knoxville TN bike asking $3K for a 41K miles example if you wanted something newer.
https://knoxville.craigslist.org/mcy/d/maryville-2004-yamaha-vmax/7585955074.html
2004 Yamaha Vmax 41,000 miles New tires, New brakes , all fluids just changed the bike runs & rides perfect . The pant is in perfect shape . It does need a little polishing on the aluminum in a couple spots but overall a great bike. No test rides without cash in Hand. $ 3,000 FIRM !!!! Eamil only Bike has a clear open Alabama title signed by the previous owner. Please email with phone number do to scams & I will call back asap ! Short walk around video

This one looks strangely familiar... .

Last edited:
Oh very low! The only two Vmaxes in OEM condition which have some additional possible value are to my thinking, early 1985's and the 2005 20th anniversary. Any low-mileage OEM operational & in good shape Vmax should be an easy sale, w/a reasonable price.

Back