1985 vmax main fuse keeps blowing. What should I check first?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone ever wire a warning, charging, light? Maybe with a relay? It'd be good to know the charging system stopped working and you're on battery only. Get safely off the highway and all that. I'd rather not have a gauge, just a light.

Anyone ever wire a warning, charging, light? Maybe with a relay? It'd be good to know the charging system stopped working and you're on battery only. Get safely off the highway and all that. I'd rather not have a gauge, just a light.
Steve-o,

I've seen these but not on a Vmax. Fairly small, just need a good place to mount it. Handlebar? Velcro?

https://www.kuryakyn.com/products/872/led-battery-gauge

There are many threads about the MOSFET replacements, which are a newer design, they run cooler, and have a ground wire instead of assuming the mounting to the frame is the ground.

A number of suppliers have been mentioned.

A good resource for wiring pieces: Elec. Products (easternbeaver.com) and check out their other products

Rick's Motorsports Regulator/Rectifier - Parts Giant Red [hot] and black [ground]

I have a LCD gauge system I haven't wired-in that provides a digital read-out, to monitor the charging system. I'm old-enough to recall the 6 volt car electrical systems, and many used an ammeter gauge, with an analog needle which would flicker, you just wanted to see it on the + side. I had a '61 Econoline pick-up that had an ammeter added, and it was an entertaining display.

Back