• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1985 VMax with a ton of extra parts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxgixxer gal

Reaction score
We've decided to sell all of our motorcycles to get into a side by side. I'm sure we will have bikes again but just changing hobbies for a while.

1985 VMax. 16k miles

The bad:

Bike has been stored in the basement since the mid 90's when it started popping out of second gear.

The typical paint peeling off the engine, clutch, and brake master cylinders.

The clutch and brake masters will need to be rebuilt due to sitting.

The GOOD!

The bike is in excellent condition. Original extremely nice paint. (except as noted above)

4 into 1 Sudco header was installed about 300 miles before it was parked and is in excellent condition. No dents or dings. Chrome is excellent.

It is number 2125 with numbers matching engine.

Clear title. (no surprise there!)

Comes with another complete set of 1985 carbs with 2 factory Ti-Pro jet kits.

Also will come with another mostly complete 1985 engine with complete transmission but has a thrown rod. And get this.....it's number 2121! So close!!!

Complete factory yamaha transmission rebuild kit still in package.

Tons of other parts. Too many to list. Extra wheels, blah blah blah. Check the pics and if you have any questions or want more detailed pics just let me know. If you want to talk about it, feel free to call my husband. 865-207-6030 Mike.

Asking price $2250.

Thanks for looking! And BUY IT! :biglaugh:

IMG_3623_zps5fdc675d.jpg

Where is this at? I see it says Clinton, and I suppose I could google the area code but I'm feeling lazy. I wonder if I can take the cold at my age.
Thanks.

My 85 DragMax came out of Sevierville.
It's a hell of a drive for me but I'm shooting you an offer. Are you in a hurry to get it out of the basement? I have purchased from you before off of EBay and always had flawless transactions.
Maybe PM is better?
PATMAX

SWEET! I missed this when posted on the 20th. Worth repeating - SWEET!

all pm's replied. I have had a few calls from people who were interested in purchase to part the bike out....this bike belonged to my best friend and has a lot of memories and is not a parts bike. I could part it out myself if that was the case. With the exception of the hydraulic rebuild kits and some paint for the engine everything is here to have a very nice bike...rant off. The only reason for selling is that I have just lost interest in bikes....sold my turbo busa three weeks ago and my gen 2 max a couple months ago. After the 85 max is gone we are selling a very nice 86 Fazer and a 06 xt225. I think I am having a reverse mid life crisis:biglaugh: Mike

Can one have enough 85's in the garage? My brother in Ohio may get the 1990 once I talk to his wife and find out if he's been naughty or nice!

Where is this at? I see it says Clinton, and I suppose I could google the area code but I'm feeling lazy. I wonder if I can take the cold at my age.
Thanks.
they must be nj max same area code as me dam it I just bought my bike too I would've have bought this one instead
:bang head::bang head::bang head:

Back