• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1985 VMAX with mods For Sale -SOLD-

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricko

Reaction score
For Sale 1985 Yamaha VMAX One Owner 16,870 miles CL https://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/5584700997.html

First production year for the VMAX. It has Dynojet Stage 1 carb kit, Kerker 4 to 1 pipe, Bullet Windscreen and Sissy Bar added. At 15,538 miles I restored it after being stored in the garage for many years. The restoration included carburetors rebuilt, tank flushed, new clutch, new brake pads, new original correct Bridgestone tires (third set), new mirrors, new windscreen, new battery, flushed cooling and oil systems, about $2000 in parts and has run great ever since. Original Yamaha Service Manual, tool kit and spare key included. I bought it new in 85 and it has been garage kept all its life. The bike has never been wrecked, it fell over twice. It runs like a beast, does the quarter in mid 10s at just under 130mph. Everything works, the only issues are cosmetic and slight fork seal leak. It has some dings and scratches in the tank cover and swing arm with 30 years of regular road and garage patina. There are paint issues from previous brake and clutch fluid spills and leaks. The paint is all original. I’ll provide more pics if needed on request. It’s a piece of history that needs to be out there for all to admire and at my age I need something a little more touring style for my better half in the golden years.
$3000 cash firm, pick up in Livingston TX.
Please serious inquiries only, it’s like selling one of my children: 936-327-1743

Last edited:
Re: 1985 VMAX with mods For Sale

Well, this sounds like a good find, and everyone will want to know, "what's the serial #?":punk:

One-owner, <20K miles, not asking 'the moon,' like some guys do for a first-year, someone's gonna have some fun once they get this.

1FK-003106, I'm having trouble posting pics. Just tried to add Crigs List link. The link is also in the links thread.

Good luck with the sale. I just looked at the link....its a good looking bike.

I was trying to be Peewee Gleason!

Attachments

• DSC03095.jpg
    DSC03095.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 98

Clean bike, good luck with the sale. I literally drove to Houston 2 days ago to pick up a vmax. If I hadn't got that one I would be giving you a call.

Thanks for the well wishes. I also have some Kossman 72" wheelie bars and a sync stick to throw in with the purchase. The bars are rusted but salvagable

I really enjoyed checking out the photos in your album Ricko. Looks like you have a lot of memories with that bike.
Good luck with the sale.

Back