• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1985 Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this bike on the '85 registry? If not, what are the last 4 numbers of the VIN?

So I could hop-onto US-27 which starts down here in Miami FL several blocks from Biscayne Bay, and get-off in about 1350 miles, in Lansing MI, and buy this bad boy? Sounds like a fun trip if the weather cooperates.

I spent some time trying to ID the number of USA-market 1985 V-Maxes and couldn't get an exact number. I saw plenty of estimates of suspected production numbers, and I think I recall seeing some article which said they built 8800 for the USA, but cannot find confirmation.

From our website: #5337 http://vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=14872&highlight=1985+registry&page=48

That's the newest 1985 # for USA production I saw on our 1985 Registry.

Haha yeah 27 comes all the way up here. I did read something about first year production numbers, if I see it again I will post it.

I was telling my wife at dinner, had I seem the 2005 Vmax for sale here locally last April I would still be a Gen 1 owner. She said why don't you buy it:ummm:

why do women make things so confusing, I said and have 2 Vmax's, she said sell your 2015, I quickly said no I want to keep it, she said then you'll have 2 Vmax's.

I like her thinking but the guy selling it is just like me in this way, when I had thoughts of selling my 2015 I decided that if I didn't get every penny of $13,000 I was keeping it. This guy is selling his 2005 immaculate condition Vmax with 5800 miles on it. It was in the 300's of the anniversary edition. his sale price is $5850 which is a bit too high and I know he isn't going down. If anyone is thinking about buying a gen 1 I doubt you will find a better one than this one.

My hand keeps going towards my wallet so I hope someone likes it as much as I do and buys it before i get nuts and end up with 2 Vmax's at a time , never done that always sold my current one or traded it in to buy a new one.

https://fargo.craigslist.org/mcy/6079604352.html

Good deal here and if he'll go down even better, when I said I wouldn't take a penny less than $13,000 I was offered $13,000 from someone was going to buy it for his brother and get the money from his brother. I said let's give it a week and let you brother a week to think about if he really wants a Vmax, that will give me a week to decide if I really want to sell it. I called his back that night and told him I was keeping it.

here is the gorgeous 2005 a little over priced because he doesn't care if he sells it but cash in face does wonders.....

I was telling my wife at dinner, had I seem the 2005 Vmax for sale here locally last April I would still be a Gen 1 owner. She said why don't you buy it:ummm:

why do women make things so confusing, I said and have 2 Vmax's, she said sell your 2015, I quickly said no I want to keep it, she said then you'll have 2 Vmax's.

I like her thinking but the guy selling it is just like me in this way, when I had thoughts of selling my 2015 I decided that if I didn't get every penny of $13,000 I was keeping it. This guy is selling his 2005 immaculate condition Vmax with 5800 miles on it. It was in the 300's of the anniversary edition. his sale price is $5850 which is a bit too high and I know he isn't going down. If anyone is thinking about buying a gen 1 I doubt you will find a better one than this one.

My hand keeps going towards my wallet so I hope someone likes it as much as I do and buys it before i get nuts and end up with 2 Vmax's at a time , never done that always sold my current one or traded it in to buy a new one.

Good deal here and if he'll go down even better, when I said I wouldn't take a penny less than $13,000 I was offered $13,000 from someone was going to buy it for his brother and get the money from his brother. I said let's give it a week and let you brother a week to think about if he really wants a Vmax, that will give me a week to decide if I really want to sell it. I called his back that night and told him I was keeping it.

here is the gorgeous 2005 a little over priced because he doesn't care if he sells it but cash in face does wonders.....
I got my 05 with 30k number 16 of 2000 for 5400. I felt pretty good about that deal. It has some extras as well. It made me a proud poppa of two
4b9c877fcc764ab20c9f7e5aadf49356.jpg
94cca92cd5687c0c51562c709d68d7fc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Humm I see you have 2........ I won't lie I can't stop thinking about that 2005.

Humm I see you have 2........ I won't lie I can't stop thinking about that 2005.
I love mine for sure...taxes were good to me last year so the way I see it the v max gods wanted me to have two.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Back