• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1985 Yamaha vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trevorss

Reaction score
1985 Yamaha vmax 11,000 mi excellent condition

This is a 1985 Yamaha Vmax one of the first 1000 made. I purchased this bike with 600 original miles, currently it has 11,000 all put on by me. I am the second owner. I have maintained this bike very well, I have only ran AMSoil full synthetic engine oil, rear end oil and fork oil. I also put the updated Transmission shift drum and shift forks in it, when i had the engine apart i replaced all gaskets and rebuilt the water pump just for preventative maintenance. In addition to the engine upgrades I installed the oil pickup spacer that was a common problem, and upgraded the suspension to HD progressive suspension rear springs and shocks, and front fork springs to progressive rate progressive suspention springs with adjustable flow valves. The bike rides and handles great. I put new Ties on it a year ago with less then 500 miles on them, they are metzeler marathon tires and they are great. this was one of the fastest production bikes for the longest time. It starts and runs like new, I have never had one problem with this bike. it is in Excellent condition with very low miles. Asking 3200$ Call or text Trevor 801-510-4873

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 72
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 54
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 51
  • image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 45
  • image5.jpg
    image5.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 45
  • image6.jpg
    image6.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 44
  • image7.jpg
    image7.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 48
  • image8.jpg
    image8.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Must be introduction ................. There's no price :confused2:

Race tech valves with progressive springs?

Welcome to the board. Check out all the areas and hang out a bit.

I'm curious what the last 4 of the Vin are if it is in the first 1k.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Yeah an introduction would be nice & pictures of more than the speedometer & a price and also the last 4 of the vin & I don't think it is necessary to tell the Vmax board it was one of the fastest production bikes . I am pretty sure we have a good idea of that.

Yep....probably for sale....and not an introduction. He's been a member since apr 08. I wonder if he could post more pics of the bike?

I didn't know the "85 had a black surround on the instrument cluster-mine is stainless steel.
My serial #0262 and mileage is 11,000 and not for sale-yet.

Yes bike is for sale, asking $3200. Sorry had a hard time getting the pictures to load and yes the gauge cluster housing was originally gray but had some scratches so I had it repainted gloss black.

I'm curious what the last 4 of the Vin are if it is in the first 1k.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

To answer the question of the first 1000 made. The vin is JYA1FK000FA000870

Back