• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1986 vmax $2500

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kuprebel

Reaction score
Located in Monterey, CA (Bay Area)

I'm looking to sell the bike as I'll be leaving fairly soon in the future and am not really looking to drag this bike around with me and would rather get it into hands that will be able to take better care of it than me.

Upgraded the charging system with a dedicated-ground MOSFET system

Valid CA Title in hand ready to sell

Here are the upgrades done on the bike as I can recall:

No second gear issues, everything shifts smooth

Front is 75% tread Rear is 90% tread, both are Metzeler tires
Barnett racing clutch
New MOSFET R/R and stator
~1yr old battery
progressive front springs
Progressive rear shocks
COPs from Sean
Supertrapp slip ons
UFO Fork Brace
UFO Engine guards
UFO Short stalk mirrors and turn signals
Cowl that covers the gas tank has been reupholstered recently, in excellent condition

The bike will come along with a BILT cover that fits the bike well

Full Disclosure:
The seat has some noticeable damage on it from being outside which is not visible in the pictures I used, and the paint has definitely seen better days.

I lowsided it at 20 miles ago, have put ~1000 miles on it since with no issues relative to the lowside. You can tell by some metal scraped off the right supertrapp and the engine guard was bent and scraped (bent it back and it works fine). No running issues came from the lowside

It currently has a *flat* spot in the power band around 4500-5500 RPM. Its most noticable when cruising on the highway and you give it a tiny bit of gas it will feel like its got a spot with not much power, give it a bit more throttle and it has no issues moving or holding speed. Almost unnoticeable for me during acceleration because you've got other things to pay attention to :rofl_200:

Here is an album of the bike, unfortunately I no longer have the pack or sissy bar.
http://imgur.com/a/APBFf

If you want a video of the bike running you can e-mail/text me and I can send that your way.

You can message me on here or text me at 8603386722

Now BO

Was having a hard time starting when I rode it today, so I pulled it apart and my stators gone bad. I'm really looking to get rid of the bike before I leave in March so I'm now opening the bike to B.O. to whomever is interested.

You'll need a trailer to get the bike but I'm currently in the process of ordering the stator and fixing it myself.

Latest posts

Back