• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1986 VMax mint in Florida for sale

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim Dandy to the Rescue

Go, Jim Dandy!
Isn't that female singer something? This is only mono.

Thanks for the Grinderswitch correction. A good mellow-out tune:

Last edited:
I also have a blue 86, just under 20k miles, I think I will hit 20K for sure this year now that I can ride year round in FLA.

I checked my build and vin -- 10/85 and 01333.

I think in this case it may be termed as Tactical Avoidance, I practice it regularly.

I.E. I'm avoiding doing the things I should be (cleaning my van etc etc etc), as I've convinced myself the diverse information on this website is more important. It's working for me anyway, and I'm learning so much more here than washing the dishes. :)

As nice as this bike is (yeah the original thread topic), I don't think it's going anywhere any time soon at this price point with the mileage covered. Harsh reality, but there are just too many options for folks looking for a Gen1 out there - even more so if they're willing to travel a bit.

Given the discrepancy on the odometer (4,000 mi. showing) vs FL Dept. of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles (23,000 miles), I'm believing the DHSMV records. And give that canary a good look-over for road rash on the controls, footpegs, and see in what kind-of shape the fork stops are-in (road rash/ component damage). Appears the clutch cover and water pump cover have been spray-bombed. Check the alternator cover and clutch cover to-see if the foot shift lever or the rear brake pedal traumatized those covers during a spill. The rear/side edges of the megaphones look OK, though. I'd want a check on the status of the title, too, to ensure it's not a salvage title. Not-just the 'title in-hand,' but a confirmation of no 'rebuilt' title. If it is $2K, tops.

Last edited:
One ride. You should be able to tell. If it's a 4000 mile bike. Or 23000 mile bike.
My guess is 23k.with new speedometer.

Back