• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1986 VMax No Mods and Unmolested in Nebraska

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nandrews17

Reaction score
Hey there. I am looking to sell my 86 VMax with under 30K miles. It's in amazing condition and the VBoost was ul unnecessarily replaced a year ago. I don't remember what the issue was (from the previous owner) but he replaced the VBoost system, but his issue ended up being something else that was very minute.

I am located in Lincoln, Nebraska. The bike is a little big for me along with the fact it just sits there and looks pretty in my garage, it gets no use and it's sad and bored.

I'll ask 3250 obo or open to trades.

Feel free to call/text me at 3082930626.

Thank you

OK, you found the website on the internet. You have a 2nd-year production bike you don't ride and your first post is "I wanna sell this."

You can ask whatever you want, it's yours, and you have told us It's in amazing condition.

If you really want to sell it, knock about $1K off the asking price, and then you might drum-up some interest here. No pics? No, lots-of pics? And then you're wondering, "I thought this was a red-hot marketing opportunity? "

About your offer: here's how I feel:
images

:rofl_200::confused2::doh:

Well maybe he is telling the wife that he is TRYING to sell. Actually a smart way to keep a bike.

Anyway....GLWS....(Good Luck With Sale)

I'm sorry guys. You are absolutely right. I honestly joined this site to sell the bike. I always go to to forums to buy cars so I thought there would be those people and the individuals that are obviously interested in the bike. I don't want to upset anyone or anything so I can always take it down if that's the case. I will get a couple pictures up as soon as I am back to my computer.

Thanks guys.

Put-up the pics, and at-least do something in the new members area, like what bikes have you owned, how-long you've been riding, and something about how you came-by this bike.

FYI, that's a high price for a 28 year-old bike, and it's not a low-mileage one either. You did say, "OBO." That might generate some response, but don't be offended when the prices mentioned are much-less. Nobody except someone close to you is likely going to be interested in the bike after seeing the pics, and it's the end of the riding season there.

Well, the market dictates what something's worth and not necessarily the opinions of others.

Good luck with selling I hope it goes well for you, there's a buyer for everything. :thumbs up:

You are absolutely right, jedi, microeconomics! "Willingness-to-pay" and when people check the alternatives they will likely find newer models w/fewer miles for similar prices. if he's wanting to move it, after not getting any contacts about it he'll probably realize pricing is everything, if you first pay-attention to marketing. Like pictures, he must be a busy guy, none-yet!

I have nothing against him selling his bike here, but when your first post is to do that, then you have to figure he's gone forever once he sells it either here or at his home location in NE. In other words, what's he offering us, except a chance to buy sight-unseen and no pics to have a chance to evaluate if it's even worth it to pursue further, is a bike older-than most, and w/some > miles. He hasn't told us, "I had this problem and this is what I did to solve it," or, "I found this source of parts or a good technician," the kind-of things that make ownership and sharing info on here why we come here. He could also throw Buster Hymen a bone for getting-on here when all he's looking to do is sell.

Call me grumpy. Still waiting for pics, maybe it's a sweetheart-condition bike, but w/o pics we won't have any idea, correct? :ttiwwp:

Well, the market dictates what something's worth and not necessarily the opinions of others.

Good luck with selling I hope it goes well for you, there's a buyer for everything. :thumbs up:

Eh, I spent more than I should have for a 1985 vmax this year, but the bike only had 1950 miles on it. It's got 2400 on it now though, and I plan to put a lot more miles on it than that, but I paid just a tad less than 5 grand for her. Now, the bike is in awesome shape, and I don't mind that I paid what I did, because I LOVE the vmax, and owned an 85 before, but again that's just my perspective.

Good luck to the seller, though why someone would WANT to sell a vmax (well, unelss it was to get a gen 2) is beyond my comprehension. :)

Joe

I paid $1800 for my 85 a couple weeks ago, only had two mods on it, a bobbed rear fender an a 98 motor, runs great, here in Alaska it's worth a minimum of $2500-3500 if not ratted out or busted.
I do not know why seller asked that price except it was the end of the season here.

Back