1989 Vmax Kerker exhaust baffle

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiveRSQ

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just bought my first vmax. Got a pretty good deal. Anyway the kid had put on a kerker exhaust and it is missing the baffle. I was wonder if anyone could tell me what size I would need to order based on these photos.

thanks for any help

jayvmax.JPG

photo1.JPG

photo2.JPG

photo3.JPG

Re: 1989 Vmax Kerker exhause baffel

There pritty expensive.. I got one if u want 75 + shipping. I know there over 120 new. Sean has some comp baffles.. very loud. That's what I got.. I can post pics tomorrow. Im working a tractor pull all day so wont be able to today

Awesome, im assuming the one you have or Sean's comp baffles are going to be quieter then the open can I have now. :)

Much Quieter with the standard core, especially if you use packing around it. I have one laying around somewhere.
But we totally reorganized the garage may be a lost cause looking but I will try.
Dave

I have the comp in my bike and I have a regular baffle I would sell. Still loud. I purchased it incase the police wanted to give me problems. But I don't care anymore lol. I just wear ear plugs when I wear half shell

Short of Disassembling my garage which I can't do right now. Mine is lost somewhere in the far reaches... :sad2: I tried.

Well, there is a bright side, you have donnelly317. As I mentioned, the one he has to sell should be GTG, especially with packing.

BTW: Beautiful Condition 89. Mine, SkullDuggery (First Picture Below) was a job from hell but well worth the efforts.

Wait a minute I thought the whole point was loud and powerful my buddy bought an 85 when they came out had it jetted put a kerker on it left it hollow and would scare the hell out of people walking on the sidewalk. I gotta admit kinda sucked when I got stuck on the right side of him. Probably the reason I drilled out my end caps on my 86 max couldn't even think to here myself shift without some motor noise from mine but man his bike sounded meaner than a hole lot cars back then even.

Heres the pics. Looks brand new. I really dont want to part with it but I will for someone that actually needs it. PM'd ya

2012-07-16_06-20-06_645.jpg

2012-07-16_06-20-59_448.jpg

2012-07-16_06-21-30_231.jpg

Looking again.. Does the smallest piece in the can slide out?? are you sure your just not missing an end cap??

I have inner cores if you need one and can't get the one figured out here. I don't have the wrap at the moment but you can get that stuff fairly cheaply anyway.

Sean

The second pic is the end cap of the muffler. its just backwards to show the inside grooves. It looks like the baffel slides into it and I wanted to make sure to get the right one.

If you have the Kerket 4-2-1 exhaust, the only stock option was the standard size opening on the baffle cap or the 2.5 inch "competition" size baffle opening which is the largest of the two. The fiberglass packing is available at most bike shops and every mail order cycle part warehouse. There is no longer or shorter baffle so if you get a Kerker K series baffle, you are golden. From the sound of it, you want the competition baffle. Post up a want ad for it specifically, I'm sure someone has one they will sell. Last resort, Sean can get it new for you.

I took some pictures with a tape measure. If u want a comp baffle ask Sean there nice and loud. I got the standard baffle as a spare which is still pritty loud. Let me know if your interested ill post pictures in a a few

Thanks Donnelly that was super fast shipping. Cant wait to get home and install. Have a great week!!! And thanks to everyone else for the help.. I really appreciate it.

Back