1990 V Max with Side Car (Gittyup!)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BroBob1

Reaction score
Hi All! I'm new here! Wanted to share with you all pictures of my 1990 V Max Hybrid with Velorex side car.:eusa_dance: Why is it a Hybrid? It is fitted with a self made HHO generator (Experimental).:ummm: Why do I have a sidecar hooked up to my V Max? Well, I've had the bike since 1994 and I attached the sidecar about 5 years ago after having it attached to 2 other bikes that I owned. The first bike was a 1981 Yamaha 650 special, and after that a 1976 HondaMatic 750. Well the sidecar was just OK with these bikes (Not enough power). So I did some research and V Max's are widely used in Europe with sidecar's because of there GREAT POWER, so that's when I decided to give it a shot! Plus my wife likes riding in it! I have another bike also, so I ride that bike to and from work or when I want to ride alone. We are both in our mid fifties also:biglaugh:
There is nothing funnier than a sidecar rig doing a smokey burnout!:punk::rocket bike:

Attachments

• 100_4144.jpg
    100_4144.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 172
  • 100_4155.jpg
    100_4155.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 178
  • 100_4157.jpg
    100_4157.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 170
  • 100_4154.jpg
    100_4154.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 170
  • 100_4156.jpg
    100_4156.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 259
Welcome! Hey that rig loox amazing! Hybrid and all.. So what's your mpg?

The idea of a side car rig doing a burn out is just brilliant - love it ;-)

very interesting. what do u do for a livign?

Welcome! Hey that rig loox amazing! Hybrid and all.. So what's your mpg?

The idea of a side car rig doing a burn out is just brilliant - love it ;-)

This is a new unit that I just built so I have not tested it yet for MPG, but last year I had a different unit on the rig and I was getting 10% better mileage and it was not as powerful as this one. The old design is what is called a "Wet Cell", the present one is called a "Dry Cell". This HHO gas is rated 300% the power of fuel/air.:flamethrower:

I'm a Technician for Kimberly Clark Corporation. But I also have my own shop, Welding/Fabricating etc.... :th_k050:

Welcome...

My family owns a welding, Safety and Industrial supply company and we sell Kimberly Clark...:biglaugh:

lol

Cool rig!

Nice Hack.

My '90 max is my two-wheel toy but I also drive a Tug/hack combo. I've got a Triumph Rocket III with a Hannigan two seater sidecar. They are just a blast. Burn outs are cool, but I LOVE flying the chair. Freaks people out and its one of the funnest types of "wheelies" you can do ... as I'm sure you have experienced.

Here's a pic:

SANY0156.jpg

Nice Hack.

My '90 max is my two-wheel toy but I also drive a Tug/hack combo. I've got a Triumph Rocket III with a Hannigan two seater sidecar. They are just a blast. Burn outs are cool, but I LOVE flying the chair. Freaks people out and its one of the funnest types of "wheelies" you can do ... as I'm sure you have experienced.

Here's a pic:

SANY0156.jpg
Well that's a sweet looking unit you have there with plenty of "Rocket Power":eusa_dance: You probably paid more for your sidecar alone then I've got into my whole unit!:biglaugh:

Some great looking rigs here, I can really appreciate the effort and engineering that goes into it:clapping:

Well that's a sweet looking unit you have there with plenty of "Rocket Power":eusa_dance: You probably paid more for your sidecar alone then I've got into my whole unit!:biglaugh:

I'm just happy to see a fellow sidecar'ist. They really are a blast to drive. And the rocket is a great bike to pull one. I've seen lots of v'max tugs too, so I'm betting they are equally capable.

Hey Bob:

Here are some more pics that I dug up of V'maxes with sidecars on them. The black one is highly modified. Not sure if I like it, but its an impressive example of engineering. I'd kill for his rear wheel/tire though. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm gonna get a car tire on the rear of my max.

VMaxHubsteeringLBS3.jpg

VMaxHubsteeringLBS2.jpg

VMaxHubsteeringLBS1.jpg

outlaw5.jpg

outlaw1.jpg

V-MaxII.jpg

Here's another triumph rocket sidecar job:
Triumpharmec.jpg

Wow! Those are some REALLY NICE RIGS!:clapping: Take a look at my idea to help keep my unit on the road when going around right hand sweepers too fast, especially with no weight in the sidecar.
After some trial and error I set this outrigger wheel for optimum height and steering angle! It works quite well, it actually steers the unit in the direction you need to go, instead of into oncoming traffic! Check it out:

Attachments

• 100_4114.jpg
    100_4114.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 100_4135.jpg
    100_4135.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 100_4158.jpg
    100_4158.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 68
That black one a post or so back is an engineering masterpiece:eusa_dance:

That black one a post or so back is an engineering masterpiece:eusa_dance:

I agree 100%.

Wow! Those are some REALLY NICE RIGS!:clapping: Take a look at my idea to help keep my unit on the road when going around right hand sweepers too fast, especially with no weight in the sidecar.
After some trial and error I set this outrigger wheel for optimum height and steering angle! It works quite well, it actually steers the unit in the direction you need to go, instead of into oncoming traffic! Check it out:

So much for using bricks or lead filled pipes eh :worthy:

I've seen various solutions, but I have never seen yours! One nice thing about a double wide sidecar is that you really have to WANT to fly the chair to get that wheel up. Although it will lift if I'm doing a RH sweaper up into the 80+ mark.

Anything below that and it stays planted hard. On 90-degree rights it will also lift a couple of feet into the air, but at those speeds its no biggie. Sometimes I'll just straighten out and keep it lifted for a bit. I tell folks that I can still "scrape the floorboards." Well, the left one at least. :punk:

I'm curious about the different front ends on these rigs:ummm: I am familiar with the one on the Yellow VMax. Do you have any info on the Third VMax, The Black one?
Thanks, Bob:biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back