1990 vmax carb problem

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TAZELLIE

Reaction score
hi got my 1st vmax couple of weeks ago its a 1990 one owner from new,been standing for abit ran fine on choke but when choke off at low speed felt like it was on 3 open it up and it ran ok ish, read lots of posts about cleaning carbs with them still on bike use,in carb cleaner it did work abit but still not running right it seems to be no3 carb thats the problem , read anorther post which started with drain fuel bowls no problem,s until came to no3 carb undid bleed screw on bowl and nowt came out, blown up the bleed pipe no joy,as you can tell from this post iam not very mec minderd but will have ago and learn from mistakes as i go, taking the carbs off and taking them apart looks like abit to much for me just want to no why no3 carb bowl wont drain please , cheers

[/QUOTE]
Start easy and on the cheap. Blow back into that drain hose-I'd do it with my mouth, but you might not want to, so, easy on the air pressure. Then,cycle the pump with the key, kill switch in on position. Get fuel? Drain into a glass jar and observe the crud.Cycle till good fuel. Then, let us know what happened.
Steve-o

Back