1991 FUEL LEAK AT CARBS with pics

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haggisbashr941

Reaction score
so i replaced my valve cover gaskets and put the carbs back on and everything seemed to be fin until this morning when gas started to run out of a port in the carb (top side) and out of another pipe which i dont know what it does. Can anyone give me a sense of what direction on what to do. When the bike is running the fuel steadily flows from these two spots

I also added a crappy pic of the tail section i added on after i decided to do away with the passenger seat...wasnt' that hard...turned out ok.

Attachments

• P4180265.jpg
    P4180265.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 63
  • P4180266.jpg
    P4180266.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 63
  • P4180264.jpg
    P4180264.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 53
it seems like there is just too much fuel getting to that carb so its overflowing all over my motor... and what is the metal tube in the 2nd picture... some kind of oem breather... i havent had it covered since i bought the bike 3 years ago...

Could be the float is stuck. Try rapping on the float bowl gently to free it up. Mike

The tube on 2nd pic is the carb vent. You have 4 of them sticking back and when the airbox was removed the vent hoses were removed as well. I would either get hoses on them or get some mesh not allowing for anything to get in like bugs or dirt...

That happened to me on one carb after re installing. Then stopped. It was either the float getting set or the float needle seating. Plus1 on tapping the bowl cover.

Back