1st Gen V-Max 1995 V-Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
VMax Year
Purchased march 2022. Several years ago imported from Belgium, and has been in DK since then: The previous owner had a dream - but had to let it go = my luck. I brought it home and saved up for paying the registration fee (which was about the same amount as I had been paying for the bike in the first place). Now with registration, number plates and running. A 27 year old dream has come true!...:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_2189.JPG
    IMG_2189.JPG
    705.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2272.JPG
    IMG_2272.JPG
    488.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2297.JPG
    IMG_2297.JPG
    311.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Purchased march 2022. Several years ago imported from Belgium, and has been in DK since then: The previous owner had a dream - but had to let it go = my luck. I brought it home and saved up for paying the registration fee (which was about the same amount as I had been paying for the bike in the first place). Now with registration, number plates and running. A 37 year old dream has come true!...:cool:
Awesome... And Congratulation from Alton, Ontario Canada.

Hi I thought a little encouragement might help for the "what did you do to your vmax today people" It is possible. It took me 11/2 years of steady effort. a lot of hand tools,wire wheel, parts washer,drill press , harbor freight buffer, shop manual and a propane torch for the stubborn bitts oh, and a pressure washer. If the engine needs to be opend up some measuring tolls are very handy. ps I don't know the men in the picture. :cool:

Attachments

• vmax before picture.jpg
    vmax before picture.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 1
  • max finished side view.JPG
    max finished side view.JPG
    269.1 KB · Views: 1
The finished bike (I assume it's finished) looks great.

Let's see the boxes of parts that went w/the frame, to see the crap you had to deal with.

Are you leaving off the Corbin seat bolts? I don't bother installing them, I just remove the seat for refueling, much easier. This afternoon, I spent a couple of hours stripping-off the upholstery from a Corbin which needs reupholstery. I removed as-many of the rivets as I could using a left-hand thread screw extractor, a drill press, and self-tapping screws to grab the narrow part of the pop rivets in the seat base. The seat base is ready for the shop. All the rivets are out of their holes.

another PS to yesterday's post. It is an "86 model. I watched a video on engine work by Damion called vmax 1200 engine assembly. 2 parts about 2hrs each, excellent, very clear. If I can you can. . Well i didn't take those pictures but I should have . And yes there was a lot of crapp, but it was all there. Yes it is finished, I have 60 miles on some really hard tires on the clock so they are next. too cold to ride anyway. Thak for the tip on the seat. So far it is not attached . Any idea what it cost to recover? thanks again Happy trails. That web sight might be titled in Russian.

Purchased march 2022. Several years ago imported from Belgium, and has been in DK since then: The previous owner had a dream - but had to let it go = my luck. I brought it home and saved up for paying the registration fee (which was about the same amount as I had been paying for the bike in the first place). Now with registration, number plates and running. A 37 year old dream has come true!...:cool:

What is the paint on the back fender? It appears to be color changing.

Looks a stunner.

Hi I thought a little encouragement might help for the "what did you do to your vmax today people" It is possible. It took me 11/2 years of steady effort. a lot of hand tools,wire wheel, parts washer,drill press , harbor freight buffer, shop manual and a propane torch for the stubborn bitts oh, and a pressure washer. If the engine needs to be opend up some measuring tolls are very handy. ps I don't know the men in the picture. :cool:
That is inspiring, and a bit intimidating. It's a great reminder for patience and vision in the project. I'm currently refinishing a rear grab rail which has taken hours already. I need to decide what level of restoration/customization I want to achieve. I just finished polishing and painting my rear wheel since I had it off while replacing the rear rotor; one thing leads to another. It's a great rabbit hole to be in!

What a transformation.

Back