• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1995 Vmax 1200 for sale SOLD!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hijinx1812

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The time has come to put my Max up for sale so I want to make it available here first. It’s a 95 in excellent condition. 30,100 miles.

The good:
- carbs rebuilt last summer by Danny using Sean’s muscle jet ki
- Barnett clutch plate, clutch grabs RIGHT NOW (lol)
- new battery put in last April
- newer tires with about 1000 miles on them
- valve lash done by Damon Ferraiuolo in 2015 (around 3k miles ago)
- Works rear shocks
- rebuilt forks (progressive springs/racetech emulator)
- Voodoo fork brace
- Avon grips
- Galfer stainless brake/clutch lines
- new plugs & NGK wires last summer
- airbox rebuilt last summer (guts/snorkels)
- full exhaust (voodoo pipes, Delkevic cans)
- new stator installed last summer
- new finned voltage regulator last summer (from Sean Morley)
- factory engine crash guard
- billet motor mounts
- newer brakes (the rear is a bit squeaky)
- Corbin seat
- Custom carb covers

The bad (?)
- The bike has an intermittent hesitation when the throttle is quickly opened. I’m pretty sure it’s got a vacuum leak somewhere but I can’t narrow it down. It happens occasionally- sometimes it runs perfectly, pulls hard, and the vboost practically rips you off the seat. Other times it’s boggy and sounds like it’s sucking air someplace. I’m sure it’s an easy fix for someone that knows what to look for.
- It has a salvage title.The story I got from the previous owner is that it was dropped, the forks got tweaked, and the insurance company totaled it out. The frame is straight, the bike tracks fine, the forks were obviously replaced, and it passed inspection to be street legal again. I didn’t know that it had a salvage title when I drove 3 hours to look at it - I probably would have passed- but I’m glad I didn’t know & checked it out. The bike has been good to me for the past 7-8 years.

I’m listing it for $2800 obo without the clear case covers.We can negotiate the covers in, if you want them, along with any of the available parts I have listed (more parts on the way).

Please email me at: [email protected] for any questions, offers, or if you want a walk around/cold start video.
B58F12CB-C1B0-4B10-9C10-A34A78161EC7.jpegBE5AD47F-1780-4782-A32F-0CB8E1080579.jpegF2B877B3-0419-47E0-B95D-37EC9882B67F.jpegDCB442FA-7FFB-4AE9-AE41-40F51776B79B.jpegCD5A87C2-2A47-48CE-9D2C-BB4C7EC77752.jpegC8A1F72F-FC7C-4A73-965C-1BECEEC2CD8E.jpeg16D799F8-111B-4B71-906E-1B6B56A214F4.jpeg1EE97054-0110-497E-B45B-9E04A6B008D9.jpegEF8A1474-D23B-4F3A-8383-117481B8A042.jpegCDA9CF3D-060A-44AE-AA60-F6E0F2734FF4.jpeg

I forgot to add the following that also come with it:
- Stock exhaust
- second stock airbox & unmolested lid
- battery tender

Also, the wire hanging down in the pic of the left side is for the battery tender. I forgot to tuck it away for the pic 😆

Hijinx1812 probably already eyeballed the frame pretty-well, the things below are ways to check things on any prospective purchase.

A thorough exam of the frame should reveal any issues to a prospective purchaser. Look for cracks in tubing, wrinkled paint, failed welds, corrosion/perforation (yes, I saw that on a VMax for sale, one of the frame loop tubes had a hole through-it from long-standing rust, I suspect it may have-been a flood bike). The string-method should help to ensure wheel alignment is OK. A Magnaflux of any suspect ferrous-metal frame areas could reveal any issues, if a visual inspection brings something to-light. GMD Computrack offers frame alignment services.

From the looks of the bike, there are a lot of good parts on it, the price is OBO, sounds like a bit of tuning/trouble-shooting to clear-up the running issue, and someone can get into a decent bike for not a lot of cash. A salvage title definitely drives-down the price.

Back