• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1995 VMAX FOR SALE

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conman

Reaction score
*Posting change, new pics & price drop*

After considerable thought, I’ve decided to list my ‘95 Vmax for sale. I just got a Gen 2, and I’m looking to fund a Super Tenere. The bike was completely overhauled by Larry at LCR Performance when I bought it. The bike runs and rides flawlessly with no issues whatsoever. It has 21,000 miles and I’m asking $3900. Any questions feel free to ask.

· $1600 overhaul by LCR Performance over winter of 2018-19, including:
o Charging system fix
o New starter clutch
o Coil Over Plugs from Sean Morley
o Carb fine tuning after installing all performance parts
o Manual fan switch
o Bigger battery mod

· Marks stainless 4-2 exhaust (14” cans, 2”openings) that I had Jet Hot ceramic coated
· Carbs were rebuilt by dannymax in the fall of 2018 and have run non-ethanol fuel and been stored through winter with fuel stabilizer since
· Morley Muscle Kit
· Late Gen1 Vmax-style spin-on oil filter adapter installed
· New fork seals 2018
· Brake fluid, coolant, shaft oil, flushed/changed 2018
· Tires are in great shape with plenty of tread (~90%)
· Bike is extremely clean (with exception to the rims which have some pitting, and slight (typical) engine paint fade)- scoops, red-painted parts, side covers, chrome are all in outstandingly great shape.
59533016-18C2-413A-ABEC-0C9A02674968.jpegAEE37226-1BDD-4AF6-AB0E-9E322AF2DE16.jpeg7ECF4E19-91D1-447B-B657-6E0589498B78.jpeg51182C75-3A35-48CC-B999-24B57E56024B.jpeg7A00EB8E-7400-4112-857E-96FF2AE6EA84.jpegFB54BE26-2CD4-45C6-A802-585F37019DD5.jpeg

Last edited:
I haven’t been around here much lately and in fact never was a huge presence, but I feel compelled to comment on the ad for your motorcycle. If I happen to be ostracized for speaking my mind, I won’t blame any of you. For the record and if it matters, I do maintain a rather high profile on a number of other motorcycle forums and have been riding for 40 years. Dozens of motorcycles have come and gone. Also, please don’t think I’m singling you out, but I would just like to make some general comments.

Selling used motorcycles into an already fickle market is a tricky thing. But at the end of the day, the object that you’re selling is the sum of its parts. Not the sum of the cost of all those parts, but the end result of the combination of those parts presented in the machine made available to the market.

I have no doubt that your Vmax is a fine running fine riding machine, but the photographs that you’ve posted to me do do not suggest one that would command $5600. At that price point, I would expect a pristine example… Especially if it’s got 20,000 miles. Most of the work you had performed has been general maintenance or mild upgrades. Nothing radical.

I have learned the hard way over the course of many purchases and subsequent sales that getting back the money you’ve “invested” in a motorcycle is not a practical reality. Unless you do everything yourself, bought the bike for next to nothing and got killer deals on every part you threw at it, even a breakeven scenario is difficult.

Again, I’m not singling you out, but I’ve seen these sorts of ads time and time again. If no one has responded, this is why. If you do happen to sell it at that level, my hat is off to you. Either way, good luck with the sale and with the purchase of the new bike. Always a fun time getting another motorcycle!

Last edited:
I haven’t been around here much lately and in fact never was a huge presence, but I feel compelled to comment on the ad for your motorcycle. If I happen to be ostracized for speaking my mind, I won’t blame any of you. For the record and if it matters, I do maintain a rather high profile on a number of other motorcycle forums and have been riding for 40 years. Dozens of motorcycles have come and gone. Also, please don’t think I’m singling you out, but I would just like to make some general comments.

Selling used motorcycles into an already fickle market is a tricky thing. But at the end of the day, the object that you’re selling is the sum of its parts. Not the sum of the cost of all those parts, but the end result of the combination of those parts presented in the machine made available to the market.

I have no doubt that your Vmax is a fine running fine riding machine, but the photographs that you’ve posted to me do do not suggest one that would command $5600. At that price point, I would expect a pristine example… Especially if it’s got 20,000 miles. Most of the work you had performed has been general maintenance or mild upgrades. Nothing radical.

I have learned the hard way over the course of many purchases and subscriptions sales that getting back the money you’ve “invested” in a motorcycle is not a practical reality. Unless you do everything yourself, bought the bike for next to nothing and got killer deals on every part you threw at it, even a breakeven scenario is difficult.

Again, I’m not singling you out, but I’ve seen these sorts of ads time and time again. If no one has responded, this is why. If you do happen to sell it at that level, my hat is off to you. Either way, good luck with the sale and with the purchase of the new bikes. Always a fun time getting another motorcycle!

I appreciate the feedback and I know where you’re coming from. I threw it up as-is to get a feel for demand and see what happens (which apparently isn’t much lol). Apparently a few folks on CL near me are out of touch with prices, as I based mine off of them. Come spring time I’ll most likely part-out the easily removable stuff and come back with a lower number... gotta start somewhere. I’ll get better pics soon, but my “might as well keep it for less than that” number for the bike as is is $5000, probably $4000 once I sell off the OEM add-on’s and ignitec. Time will tell, but by all means, opinions are welcome.

If Larry Fitzgerald did the work, it's been well-maintained. Though I live in south Florida, I was just at his place in Rochester NY last October.

My suggestion is to remove the pretty-extras, sell 'em separately, and knock $1,500 off your asking price. Realistically, the bike is probably a $3,000 bike that-way. That gives you a bit of negotiation room. The thing is, do you want to sell it, or do you want to sit on it? Come spring, depending on how-bad you want to sell, drop it $500 every couple of weeks until it's gone. We all recognize one of the worst things you can do to these bikes is to let 'em sit, unused.

Good luck passing-along a bike well-maintained to the new owner.

Well, here comes spring, riding season, and income tax refunds, and stimulus checks! Somehow I suspect out-of-work people will be buying few bikes this spring. However, your pricing is going in the right direction. Since you already have a Gen II, it's time to tell the lookers, (money talk$). People who want to negotiate over the phone, sight-unseen, as-in "what's the lowest you'll take," I tell 'em, "look at it, if you want to make me a cash in-hand offer after seeing it, that's the time. The price is what I said in the ad." I suspect your price for a customer to ride it away will be still-lower-yet. Just think of it as being one less thing to insure/maintain, $ in your pocket, and your newer ride should be less maintenance.

Latest posts

Back