• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1996 VMax (feeler)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FootNote

Reaction score
I am hoping everyone here might help me out. The time has come where I need money more than I need my bike.

Below is a list of the VMax upgrades/modifications/details.

- 1996 Yamaha VMax.
- 30k Miles
- Custom Black and White paint job.
- Morley's Undercut transmission/clutch
- Dyna 3000 TCI
- KOSO Rx2n Tach Cluster
- MT03 LSL Headlight
- LED Turn signals and brake lights
- Aftermarket Handlebars
- Bar end mirrors
- Knee Guards
- Aftermarket seat

Now here is where it gets tricky. I have a few known problems with the bike. I hate selling something that needs work, and I hate downplaying or misleading people so I plan to be 100% honest when it comes to selling this bike, but I also dont want to screw myself.

1: The fuel reserve switch does not work. I have to leave the switch in the reserve position. I imgain I could fix this easily.

2: The carbs need to be cleaned. I have cleaned them myself but I cant get it right. The bike will run no problem but ideling is an issue if the choke is off.

3: I could never get the wiring right for the RPM guage, I am going to double check the settings on the tach but I simply cant get this right, it probably wouldn't be a problem for anyone else.

picture.php

So with all that said, where do I stand price point wise?

A: If the problems did not exsist I would ask $5000 for it. A bit higher then some bikes go, but it has some good modifications and with this being a bike witha cult following its rare in the Pacific North West.

B: Right now is someone walked up to me and said, here is $4000 I would sell it no questions asked.

So I am hoping someone can tell me if I am completly off on this? Thanks.

Sorry about the circumstances.

I think your price here in FL is high given the year, mileage, and condition. In WA/OR, the prices may be higher. We know the sale price is always what the buyer w/$$ is willing to give you. I'd say that here, w/the issues you freely-admit-to, your sale price is closer to half of what you ask. You have some nice accessories, so if you stripped them off and sold them separately, and sold the bike more-stock-appearing, you would get some of that back. The KOSO, seat, DYNA, headlight, and knee guards have the most value.

Yes I would say the price is high as well. I just sold my 99 with 22,000 miles in excellent shape with a bunch of new parts and powdered coated parts ( almost everything on the bike ) new tires and a list of other things, for $3250.

The work needed to be done and the parts missing that I can see ( front fender etc ) would not only drop the price, but severely limit the people intersted in the bike possibly.

As firemedic said though, location could be different. If your the only one in your area with one, that could change the price itself. In my honest opinion, pull the parts and sell them by themselves and sell the bike separate. The bike as it sits even with the parts, I would have a hard time giving $2000 for it, because of the as mentioned problems and the fact that I would want to swap out the aftermarket parts for something I would find more appealing. To be honest, the black and white paint job alone, I wouldnt even look at the bike and would move on to another one. Sad thing is when you build a custom bike to your likes, it may not be to others likes and all the money you invested doesn't mean anything when you go to sell it. Stock bikes usually sell for more and sell faster than modified bikes depending on whats been done to them.

Either way good luck with it. Hopefully you suprise us all and can get your $4000 for it.

Part it out! The engine should bring a good amount by itself with the undercut trans installed.

Problem with parting it out is time and effort involved. Would you rather make $1500 and sell it or make $3000 and part it out over a period of 6 months to a year. Having to ship parts all over and box and pack them etc. Dealing with people that say they want the part and never send the money etc....

ahhh man. say it ain't so. all the time that you put in :-(. even splitting the case. hope you get a good deal.

*sigh*

I gotta say This is pretty much what I expected. Its not missing any parts, I have the front finder and all the stock parts. Sadly, what I want and what I will get are always two different things lol.

Get fixed and sell the bike at its best price. Issues don't look like big ones.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Back