1997 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 carb, damn it!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kchandler

Reaction score
It is spitting fuel out the breather. Pipes are not new. High flow air intake mod. It is reversion, to the best of my knowledge.
Carb has been rebuilt.
Suggestions please before I Ebay it piece by piece!

Did it ever run right.....as in, it was fine for a week, and then started this.....or has it never run right?

Here is an answer I found on my old Kawi forum. Hope it helps.

You will also want to check the fuel evaporate system, if the cap is not releasing pressure it will force gas out of the carburetor, so if yo do dirt bike riding check the cap first, also next time it pushes gas out turn the gas cap a half turn and see if it stops spewing gas, if it does then something is plugged, if it has a purge canister then that would be the first place to start. Hope this helps and please rate me if it does.the purge valve could be rusted shut a normal thing for a cycle that sits for half a year.

I had a 1500 2 years ago. It was the LOUDEST bike I have ever owned !! Louder than my Harley. I couldn't stand it on the highway. I wished it had the stock pipes. LOL
It had a Huge headlight that was absolutely USELESS. I found it Dangerous to ride at night. So I bought a smaller brighter one off of Ebay......it made a world of difference.
Other than that ,..the bike ran and road OK. I did find the 1500 under powered for its size. " don't try to shift fast" it will always kinda grind, its a kawi thing.

vulcan1001_zps5a18de42.jpg

Latest posts

Back