• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1997 Silver V-Max 19,700 miles - Asking $4,000

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_MaXiPaD_

Reaction score
Location Wahoo, Nebraska

**ASKING $3,850**

For Sale: Great Condition
Silver 1997 Yamaha V-Max 1200
Mileage: Under 19,900 (may go up since I do ride it from time to time)

Upgraded Rear Shocks
Upgraded Brakes (R1 Caliper/Rotors + FJR 1300 Master Cylinder)
Upgraded R/R (R1 R/R)
Corbin seat
Blue LED gauges
Sissy Bar
UFO Ceramic Exhaust with Carbon Fiber cans (also have a set of chrome slashcut cans that are included), fork brace
Morleys oil pump upgrade
Oil pressure gauge
1,500 miles on tires(Dunlop)
K&N Air/Oil filter
Stage 1 jet kit
Fan over-ride switch
Plus more.
Also will include a large windscreen that is easy to put on or take off.

Cosmetically the bike is in good shape.. No dings or dents. Few scratches on the faux tank and the front fender has a slight scuff on it which is hard to notice (pictures of both are provided). Mechanically the bike runs like a top! No issues whatsoever.

The bike has recently started to leak a small amount of coolant which I believe is coming out of the weep hole(?), may be wrong. But anyways, the leak just started and it's off and on depending on weather, where it's parked (flat ground, uphill/downhill), etc.

LINK TO PICTURES (please read the descriptions on the pictures as well):
http://s1088.photobucket.com/user/MaXiPaD3/library/1997 Yamaha V-Max

Last edited:
I'm not too sure where the cans came from. The owner before me was the one that put on the exhaust and tips (actually he did just about all of the mods that are done to the bike). He used to be (probably still is) a member on this site.

Any idea where it came from? Any markings on it? I like it for early Gen 1 forks.
Steve

It looks like a lower stock piece taken from another bike....and added to this bike. In one of the pics...you can even see the mounting screws for the yamaha plaque.

Yeah, I think it's just another fork mount off of another V-Max being used as a fork brace.

Sure appears to-be that. Throw-on a longer steering stem to unite the two, and you'll have "laser-sharp steering!":biglaugh:

You could have your own plate made for the front, too. Wonder how-close it comes to the front fender under full fork compression?

Yeah, I think it's just another fork mount off of another V-Max being used as a fork brace.

Well, whether it works or not I find that the bike is stable. Whoever purchases this bike can feel free to remove it if they'd like.
There's no need to worry about how close it comes to the front fender on full compression.

Back