• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Motorycle For Sale 1997 VMax project in San Diego

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WFOthrottle

Reaction score
I have a '97 V Max that i rescued from a towing yard several years ago. It was on the road, but sat for two or three years under a cover until recently. I removed and cleaned the carbs, flushed the gas tank and took care of some small issues before starting it. It seems to run well, but is missing the mufflers and needs clutch bled or at least checked out. New rear tire, but missing rear fender and battery. I would like to see it get the love it deserves, and would be willing to deliver it within 100 miles or drop off at shipping facility. It is a project, and is far from perfect, but would be a bargain for the right person. My asking price is $750, but am negotiable and want to see it back on the road. Pictures are available to those interested.

I have a '97 V Max that i rescued from a towing yard several years ago. It was on the road, but sat for two or three years under a cover until recently. I removed and cleaned the carbs, flushed the gas tank and took care of some small issues before starting it. It seems to run well, but is missing the mufflers and needs clutch bled or at least checked out. New rear tire, but missing rear fender and battery. I would like to see it get the love it deserves, and would be willing to deliver it within 100 miles or drop off at shipping facility. It is a project, and is far from perfect, but would be a bargain for the right person. My asking price is $750, but am negotiable and want to see it back on the road. Pictures are available to those interested.
Where are you located?

Im game on this. I can pick it up at your convenience. Im in San Diego so anytime you want I can swing by.

Update: engine number did not Mach documentation provided by towing company. Bike did not start when shown to interested party who is VERY familiar with the VMax, so was sold as parts for $400 and a firm handshake. Thanks to all who showed interest!

Latest posts

Back