• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1997 Yamaha V-Max 1200

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Mama

Reaction score
I bought this March 14 ,2020 and have been riding and working on it a little bit. Bike was owned by an older engineer in his late sixties. He had it for a year but said it's to small for him as he stands 6 '4 and cramped. He rarely rode it but did start it regularly. He changed the fork oil and I have since changed the oil and filter and in the process of putting new spark plugs in it. I will be replacing the final drive fluid in the next week or so as well. The bike is stock with the exception of a Corbin seat (I don't have the stock seat),crash guard, bikini light fairing and an extra set of OEM mufflers that have been drilled out. All the electrical works from signal, hi/lo beams, horn, brake lights and has newer tires front and back. I am 54 years young and was thinking of transitioning to a power cruiser from riding and owning nothing but sport tourers and sport bikes. But the lack of performance in handling is very hard for me to get used to as well as the tiny gas tank. I own a CBR1100XX Honda Blackbird that has a 6 gallon tank and the constant stopping for gas on long rides which is what I do is unacceptable. The Max has 22,850 miles and change and might go up a tad. The bike has never been crashed or laid down but has some minor scuffs from previous owner. I am trying to break even and get what I paid for the bike which is $3500 not including the cost to replace plugs, oils and such.The paint is in pretty good shape as the former owner kept it in the garage as do I. The bike I would say is in great shape.Thanks for checking my ad and be safe out there.60591256588__7D3FB49A-1DE0-46C0-834A-A5FCB933F213.JPGfullsizeoutput_1bc7.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1bc8.jpeg60610286274__22429391-C3B5-4328-9AB5-3F7E22314112.JPG 21VN0oDgRiyuyyJsO2ONUw.jpgAJvJNrECSgeF%oenqpPL8Q.jpg 4hGslEikSdmmu2w%iFRXUg.jpgf1dSear7SRSoBAEBoCR3Vg.jpg o0P8AOM%Roi3srXIU0iH2A.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. You're lucky we don't have a minimum post count to advertise, as this is apparently your first day and your first post. You've just joined to sell a bike.

Now, the hard facts, at nearly 30K miles, it is pretty-clean, but expect to receive 'way-less than you advertised. If you paid $3,500 for it, you overpaid. Good luck on your asking price, I bet your sale will be closer to $2,500. Especially in this economy.

I bought this March 14 ,2020 and have been riding and working on it a little bit. Bike was owned by an older engineer in his late sixties. He had it for a year but said it's to small for him as he stands 6 '4 and cramped. He rarely rode it but did start it regularly. He changed the fork oil and I have since changed the oil and filter and in the process of putting new spark plugs in it. I will be replacing the final drive fluid in the next week or so as well. The bike is stock with the exception of a Corbin seat (I don't have the stock seat),crash guard, bikini light fairing and an extra set of OEM mufflers that have been drilled out. All the electrical works from signal, hi/lo beams, horn, brake lights and has newer tires front and back. I am 54 years young and was thinking of transitioning to a power cruiser from riding and owning nothing but sport tourers and sport bikes. But the lack of performance in handling is very hard for me to get used to as well as the tiny gas tank. I own a CBR1100XX Honda Blackbird that has a 6 gallon tank and the constant stopping for gas on long rides which is what I do is unacceptable. The Max has 22,850 miles and change and might go up a tad. The bike has never been crashed or laid down but has some minor scuffs from previous owner. I am trying to break even and get what I paid for the bike which is $3500 not including the cost to replace plugs, oils and such.The paint is in pretty good shape as the former owner kept it in the garage as do I. The bike I would say is in great shape.Thanks for checking my ad and be safe out there.View attachment 71210View attachment 71211 View attachment 71212View attachment 71213 View attachment 71215View attachment 71216 View attachment 71217View attachment 71218 View attachment 71219
Consider trading for a 2001 intruder 1500

Latest posts

Back