1998 Carb spring location

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scicluna

Reaction score
Hi, Just dismantled all 4 carbies and put rebuild kits through them. As I was separating the carbies the workshop manual has a note not to loose the spring that connects the throttle levers. The good news is I didn't loose the spring but the bad news is that I couldn't see where it came from and IPB and manual photos don't really give any clue? I guess the note would have been handy before the separation step lol.
Also what would be a good starting point for the mixture screws on a stock bike with stock jetting, I have them on 3 turns out at the moment.
Any photos of the spring location would be great, Thanks

Doing a set of carbs myself. Mixture screws start 2.5 turns out from closed. Clockwise to close, opposite to open. Let me check my pics as I took photos and video of everything.

Hi, Just dismantled all 4 carbies and put rebuild kits through them. As I was separating the carbies the workshop manual has a note not to loose the spring that connects the throttle levers. The good news is I didn't loose the spring but the bad news is that I couldn't see where it came from and IPB and manual photos don't really give any clue? I guess the note would have been handy before the separation step lol.
Also what would be a good starting point for the mixture screws on a stock bike with stock jetting, I have them on 3 turns out at the moment.

can you take pics? I don't think he means mixture screws Pat, but I could be wrong.
Steve

Check out my carbs rebuild thread - I believe you'll find pictures of everything.

Atta-boy, "NaughtyG," you did a great write-up, I have read it and am going to use it when I get-around to tearing-into the stage 7 carbs I got from one of our fellow members.

BTW, I always watch that avatar a few times whenever I run-across your posts. It may appeal to one's 'purient interests.' The only other one that is as-interesting is those viscious white rabbits from our member across the pond.

BTW, I always watch that avatar a few times whenever I run-across your posts. It may appeal to one's 'purient interests.' The only other one that is as-interesting is those viscious white rabbits from our member across the pond.

It did make me smile when I first saw it, I just wish it had the soundtrack too hahaha :biglaugh:

Pretty sure you are referring to the sync linkage springs, they go behind the tabs....maybe this pic will help....

Attachments

• 100_2635.jpg
    100_2635.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 27
I've checked all the carbie syn springs, they are all there? The spring I'm talking about is about 2 times longer than a syn spring, half the diameter and as soft as pen spring for an example? Thanks

must be from all the carbs infesting my work bench and dreams at night hahaha i got way too many projects apart at one :punk:

Back