1999 Vmax - Dyno Results

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

namyzzo

Reaction score
1999 Vmax - Dyno Results
..First time I dyno'd my machine.. Only 1 run.
SPECS:
>99 vmax stock internals & carbs
>Aftermarket Nology Wires
>Valvoline motorcycle oil
>Supertrapp Slip ons
>stock airbox
>carbs synch'd pretty well, about 3mos ago.
>..about 15k on motor

1. Well, when the guy hooked up his "wire lead" to the #4 cylinder - the computer was showing erratic rpm's.. He tried the #2 cylinder and it improved somewhat..So the graph/results may be off.
2. Also, since I had the baffles in the Supertrapps - they could not install the Sensor - so the Air/Fuel results on the graph mean nothing..

The guy asks "where do I normally Redline it"?.. I don't know, I am usually watching the road..So I said lets just use 9k as my redline and when to back off of the throttle...At 3500 rpm's I am in 4th gear, he counts to 3 and then I run it until she reaches 9k and then back off the throttle.. So I am not sure why the graph shows 8148 as my highest.. A computer software thing or bc of the Nology wires giving erratic readings..etc.. I wouldn't think my factory rpm would be off that much..Engine idles / sounds good at oem carb settings..so ??

..Didn't make the 120 group yet :( .. Might be time to do some upgrades and maybe reconsider the Nology Wires.??
..Anone else running the Nology Wires?
:confused2:

Attachments

• 1999_vmax_dyno_SWA_800x600.jpg
    1999_vmax_dyno_SWA_800x600.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 202
  • 1999_vmax_dyno_SWA_5-15-2010.jpg
    1999_vmax_dyno_SWA_5-15-2010.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 145
:punk: Hey, that's about normal for stock. Really it's some what above normal from what we see in AZ. With a good pipe and Stage 7 kit you should see about 123 RWHP. Looks good to me, Spur

i wouldn't expect gains from nology wries, i could be wrong tho

yea to get in the 120 group you'll need a full header and jet kit or a bigger engine.. sorry...

orrrr nitrous... hehe. hehe. that reminds me....

read up on nology hotwires. Some guys have had trouble. And your not gonna gain anything with wires - simply get quality wires, or new OEM so your bike will run as it should.

Latest posts

Back