1st And 2nd Gear Problems

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkirby24

Reaction score
Took the the bike out for a ride on the intersate for about 13 miles, when i got to the off ramp it would not go into first gear only down to netural and then it would grind a little going into 2nd, but all other gears are fine. I was told it might be a bent shift fork? Any ideas? Thanks.

Took the the bike out for a ride on the intersate for about 13 miles, when i got to the off ramp it would not go into first gear only down to netural and then it would grind a little going into 2nd, but all other gears are fine. I was told it might be a bent shift fork? Any ideas? Thanks.

Shift segment could be going bad. Check the easy things first.

It's under the clutch basket and accessible without engine removal.

Sean

The bike shop near me said it was going to be 2000$ to replace the shift forks....hah yeah right ill pull the motor myself and do it, but ill start with the easy things first. i rebuild T5 transmissions and Dogbox transmissions on the side so hopefully i dont have to tear her apart

here is what it looks like, it's the center round thingy at the bottom of the pic you have to remove the clutch basket to get to it, I replaced mine to a 99 or newer style so yours will look a little different.

Attachments

• transmission 030.jpg
    transmission 030.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 56
to be honest BeeKeeper helped me with mine and I hate to admit but i rode my bike to his house and forgot my gaskets had to ride his bike back to mine and by the time i got back he had it done!!!!!! LOL he's a great friend, just remember how it comes apart and put it back together the same way wouldn't think it would take more than an hour or two from start to finish

about $70 worth of parts (I have them on hand) and a couple of hours labor (mostly to clean up the old gasket surfaces).

Sean

Check the how to section for a photo tutorial and parts list.

Email Sean Morley and he will know what you need and will have the parts on hand and in yours quickly!

Latest posts

Back