1st Annual N.E. International Pizza Run

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peninsula,OH think its not far from Akron, not sure thou never been there. are you near by there???

If your coming from peninsula, oh, i would assume your going to take rt 80 across the state then go north?

Mikey and I are close to Pittsburgh. We are not sure of our route yet but i would imagine us taking rt 80 as well. If you want to hook up and ride out with us let me know i'm sure we can figure something out.

Am thinking about crossing at Lansdowne/Wellsley Island (at least I think that is the name). Go right down 81 and head east just north of Watertown. More scenic riding and I can avoid Brockville that way. Have a bitch of a soon to be ex-wife that is from there and if I have to see her, outside of a courtroom, one more time that is one time too many:biglaugh:

If your coming from peninsula, oh, i would assume your going to take rt 80 across the state then go north?

Mikey and I are close to Pittsburgh. We are not sure of our route yet but i would imagine us taking rt 80 as well. If you want to hook up and ride out with us let me know i'm sure we can figure something out.

ya not sure yet but think your right 80 then north to utica, well have to arrange were to meet up and with the others, i'll mapquest it.

Hey fellas count me in. I live rite here in N, UTICA just off the thruway. Give me a holla as to exactly when and I'm in,

Hey fellas count me in. I live rite here in N, UTICA just off the thruway. Give me a holla as to exactly when and I'm in,

Nice first post!!!!!!:clapping:

I'll let the Utica contingent set you up:punk:

That's a beautiful area Blaine, then take Rt # 12 up to Ogdensburg. I'm not sure where Buster is crossing but it's prolly in that area somewhere. You could hook up with him.

As far as lodging, just google Alexander Bay, Chamber of Commerce, there's lots of places there.

Appreciate the info!

Thanks, dan-o

Blaine

Just realized you guys decided to use the rain date as the official event date. Should have read the whole thread more carefully. Unfortunately, my son and I won't be able to make it on this date. Too bad, would have been great to hook up with you all for some NY Pizza after sampling your delicious Buffalo wings.

I'll be checking back just in case there's a rain date added to this rain date!

Cheers!

Blaine

Just realized you guys decided to use the rain date as the official event date. Should have read the whole thread more carefully. Unfortunately, my son and I won't be able to make it on this date. Too bad, would have been great to hook up with you all for some NY Pizza after sampling your delicious Buffalo wings.

I'll be checking back just in case there's a rain date added to this rain date!

Cheers!

Blaine

Ah shit.....

If I remember correctly......YOU started this whole mess!!!!!

I'm sure we'll meet up sometime.....:punk:

If we get too much later it will be a SNOW date

Last edited:
Ah shit.....

If I remember correctly......YOU started this whole mess!!!!!

I'm sure we'll meet up sometime.....:punk:

If we get too much later it will be a SNOW date

Thanks, kaboom! Appreciate the reply. If I get a chance to head down toward Canton I'll give a holler. I'm sure I can lure a few folks into another helping of pizza!

When Matthew and I did the Buffalo Wings trip it seemed like a something that would appeal just to us "wing lovers" but it was awesome! We added a trip through Letchworth State Park and the Finger Lakes (for scenery) and finished off our overnighter with a stop at Colosso Taco in Niagara Falls, NY. My stomach and eyes were delighted but I owe my arteries an apology!

I love trying out new venues and I think good food is a great way to get something started. Throw in good company and nice roads and you got yourself an EVENT!

I hope the 1st Annual N.E. International Pizza run turns out great for everyone! To mix things up a bit, maybe try a competitor pizzeria next year in a different area of New York. Different food, different roads, same great company. I'm sure there's different opinions of who makes the best pizza in NY, right?!?

All the best!

Blaine

Thanks, kaboom! Appreciate the reply. If I get a chance to head down toward Canton I'll give a holler. I'm sure I can lure a few folks into another helping of pizza!

When Matthew and I did the Buffalo Wings trip it seemed like a something that would appeal just to us "wing lovers" but it was awesome! We added a trip through Letchworth State Park and the Finger Lakes (for scenery) and finished off our overnighter with a stop at Colosso Taco in Niagara Falls, NY. My stomach and eyes were delighted but I owe my arteries an apology!

I love trying out new venues and I think good food is a great way to get something started. Throw in good company and nice roads and you got yourself an EVENT!

I hope the 1st Annual N.E. International Pizza run turns out great for everyone! To mix things up a bit, maybe try a competitor pizzeria next year in a different area of New York. Different food, different roads, same great company. I'm sure there's different opinions of who makes the best pizza in NY, right?!?

All the best!

Blaine

The hope is to get some pies from both shops in Canton......they are right next to each other.....and do a taste test.....

As for the best pizza in New York......I'd LOVE to have the time and money to travel the whole state trying it all out.....

There are at least 7 in the Village of Massena alone.....a town of about 14,000....there must be THOUSANDS around NY

what a good life that would be ey? drive vmax around looking for a the best slice of pie :biglaugh:

The hope is to get some pies from both shops in Canton......they are right next to each other.....and do a taste test.....

As for the best pizza in New York......I'd LOVE to have the time and money to travel the whole state trying it all out.....

There are at least 7 in the Village of Massena alone.....a town of about 14,000....there must be THOUSANDS around NY

I figure every rider in NY has his or her "best" spot for pizza. Not to sound too radical but I'm sure there's good pizza places in Kingston, Ontario too! My point is try to mix up the locations and keep it fresh! You could even try something besides pizza. For instance, what about fish n' chips and thimbleberry pie in Michigan's UP!

Cheers!

Blaine

I figure every rider in NY has his or her "best" spot for pizza. Not to sound too radical but I'm sure there's good pizza places in Kingston, Ontario too! My point is try to mix up the locations and keep it fresh! You could even try something besides pizza. For instance, what about fish n' chips and thimbleberry pie in Michigan's UP!

Cheers!

Blaine

Fish and Chips and Thimbleberry Pie..yeah got mt attention.......:thumbs up:

Cheers!

Blaine

I like fish 'n chips!!!!!!!:punk:

How about some utica greens or chicken riggies haa haa! They alone are worth a 5 or 600 mile run!!!!!

... For instance, what about fish n' chips and thimbleberry pie in Michigan's UP!

Cheers!

Blaine
We are spoiled around here with fresh fish that is caught daily and delivered to our restaurants. Lake Superior whitefish/ lake trout/ lake perch are the best anywhere. You can actually tell the difference if you take a fish from lake Michigan, one from lake Huron and one from lake Superior. The lake Superior fish is firmer and tastes better, but we may be a little biased, hehe. As far as the chips go I'm sure you can find better elsewhere.
I don't know about thimbleberry's but I do know about blueberries. I grew up in the blueberry capital of Michigan, Paradise! The annual Wild Blueberry Festival was just this past weekend. Fresh blueberry pies, pancakes and crumbles are to die for. But, if yer hunting blue berries just don't pick the ones near the road, they probably been watered down by local two trackers.
There is also another delicacy that we are known for and that is the famous Pasty. http://www.pasty.com/ The pasty's origins in the U.P. are from the west enders (western Yoopers) in the mining country, brought here by the Cornish Immigrants to the area. Wrap one of these babies in tinfoil and put in between the rear exhaust pipes...man-o-man you have a 1st class lunch on the road in no time!

Latest posts

Back