1st gear burnouts?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the Gen 2, while sitting at a red light, raise the RPM slightly, ease out the clutch, and slowly build a smoke cloud around yourself. Most of the people at the intersection won't even notice until the cloud is building. When the light turns green, ease away like nothing ever happened.

Also my front forks are sooo soft, that when im hauling ass and let off throttle quickly, the front forks nearly bottom out!!! Is the front forks supposed to be that soft? its unreal, its own engine nearly bottoms them out!!

Whats is the air pressure in the front forks? Most people find that about 10 lbs in each fork is the best.

I personally wouldn’t do a burn out in first gear if you don’t have a rev limiter you will over rev the motor. If you do happen to have one you’ll be bouncing off it so quickly your burnout will be disappointing.
Dont all VMax stock come with rev limiter?

On the Gen 2, while sitting at a red light, raise the RPM slightly, ease out the clutch, and slowly build a smoke cloud around yourself. Most of the people at the intersection won't even notice until the cloud is building. When the light turns green, ease away like nothing ever happened.
I got a gen 1, but hopefully will have gen 2 one day!

No they dont. Its only with an aftermarket ECU like the Ignitech or the dynatek that you do. (On the gen 1's)
Thats scary Ive rode the shit out of this bike, I bought it with 3900 miles it now has 7400 miles, still sounds good! How much is the aftermarket ecu you run on your trauma?

Gen 2 breaks the wheel loose at 4K or so, don't need to worry about overrevving. It helps to find some poor traction at the intersection if there is any like a little sand or extra smooth concrete. Once it's loose just keep it spinning at low RPM to stay incognito. It doesn't work very well with aftermarket exhausts, lol.

I don’t do burnouts—— I want my tires, that I spent my hard-earned money on, to last as long as possible.

I don’t do wheelies.....I want my forks and suspension, for the same reason, to last as long as possible. Plus my suspension has not been built up to support wheelies.

I prefer to just ride.

YMMV
IM WITH U...IVE DONE THAT BEEN THERE..BEEN RIDDING FOR 38 YRS..AT MY AGE I DONT NEED TO ACT SILLY ANYMORE..IM JUST ABOUT RIDING NOW...MAYBE ILL PUNCH THE THROTLE ONCE IN A WHILE DOU..THATS ABOUT IT FOR ME..😁😁

I am in my early 60s. While I’m not a big fan of sitting and doing smoky burnouts unless in the staging lanes somewhere, I still enjoy and probably include at least one event per ride where intentional lost traction is involved. That’s kind of the whole point in having a Vmax.

Agreed. I think most of the fun on 2 wheels (and 4) involves intentional lost traction, be it pavement, dirt, snow or ice and in MN we get all 4. Lake ice is fun on 250 and 500 MXers . A Vmax on ice, not so fun !

Its 20 degrees in Michigan right now but when it gets warmer, im just gonna grow a pair and hammer it and drop clutch, if she wheelies back on me, so be it lol

I have not done a burnout in the last decade , before then "I do not recall" I had an evil twin who use to take my V-Max and do those sort of things but that was many yrs ago . I also never go over 55mph.

I do burnouts(my 12 yr old daughter loves them and thinks I look bad ass doing them, which is good enough for me) the rest is gravy and great gravy at that. I pull wheelies and I whack it every reasonable chance I get.

Agreed. I think most of the fun on 2 wheels (and 4) involves intentional lost traction, be it pavement, dirt, snow or ice and in MN we get all 4. Lake ice is fun on 250 and 500 MXers . A Vmax on ice, not so fun !
Watch the YouTube video. Vmax on ice

Latest posts

Back