1st gear burnouts?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smallz700r

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the vmax world, so far I love my 92, but when i snap the throttle in first, it wants to wheelie instead of burning rubber... I seel all the videos of dude buring rubber down the road, are they clutch revving? Lol also how hard is rear fender to get off? Im trying to have everything painted! Thanks guys!

Attachments

• maxflag.jpg
    maxflag.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 10
Rear fender is easy to get off just the 3 bolts & a few wires. I know nothing about burnouts. LOL
Is someone watching you?

"Burnouts performed under controlled conditions at private raceways, do-not attempt to duplicate this at-home."

An old tire, with a touring compound, will break traction easily. Not a good choice for daily use.

Yeah, I've never had any problem at all breaking the rear tire loose on a Gen 1 - accidental or otherwise. Even a Shinko will spin if you're biased forward. It's when you "expect" it to break loose and it "hooks" that can be unnerving.

I’ve always done burnouts in 2nd because the tire consistently hooks up in 1st no matter what I do with my weight. I find 2nd gear burnouts wayyyyy better.

I think a Couple factors come into play.....tire compound, rider weight and weight transfer.
Shinkos r pretty sticky when new, but I still burn them on a roll on. Every tire I've used in the last 15 years I can smoke through the 1st 3 gears no clutch.
I'm about 220, balls almost on the tank head over the tachometer.
Front end came only once in my lifetime, at the track. Scared the crap out of me.
I have a 85, dw 4 into 1, dyna 3000, double d, no carb work.
Should be grateful you hook up
I'm always playing catchup because of wheelspin.
Good luck.....btw...all the above Information I saw on youtube....not my personal experience....:)

haha thanks guys I think im scared to rev the shit out of it in 2nd gear and drop clutch, only bike ive been scared to do that on!! I always feel like it wheelies outta nowhere! And when the front tire hits the ground i always get a bit of wobble!!

Also my front forks are sooo soft, that when im hauling ass and let off throttle quickly, the front forks nearly bottom out!!! Is the front forks supposed to be that soft? its unreal, its own engine nearly bottoms them out!!

I do at least.1 burn out. Every time I ride.maybe.
Just a little 10-20 footer.
Nothing big and smokey.
But still fun.

I do at least.1 burn out. Every time I ride.maybe.
Just a little 10-20 footer.
Nothing big and smokey.
But still fun.
In 1st or 2nd gear? Revving and dropping clutch? My bike scares me I have been riding bikes my whole life, its unpredictable at times!!

Also my front forks are sooo soft, that when im hauling ass and let off throttle quickly, the front forks nearly bottom out!!! Is the front forks supposed to be that soft? its unreal, its own engine nearly bottoms them out!!

Have you checked the air pressure in the forks?

zd035G2.jpg

I personally wouldn’t do a burn out in first gear if you don’t have a rev limiter you will over rev the motor. If you do happen to have one you’ll be bouncing off it so quickly your burnout will be disappointing.

In 1st or 2nd gear? Revving and dropping clutch? My bike scares me I have been riding bikes my whole life, its unpredictable at times!!
1st gear for burn outs. From a dead stop.
2nd. gear for little burn out.And hard launch.

Little valve on the left fork to check air pressure use a hand pump if it needs air. I would just put progressive springs in and do away with the air.

I don’t do burnouts—— I want my tires, that I spent my hard-earned money on, to last as long as possible.

I don’t do wheelies.....I want my forks and suspension, for the same reason, to last as long as possible. Plus my suspension has not been built up to support wheelies.

I prefer to just ride.

YMMV

Latest posts

Back