• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1st gen in VA

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 8699

Reaction score
I'm looking for a first gen VMax in or around the northwestern part of Virginia, I've been using various cycle search sites (cycletrader, oodle, and yakaz) with no luck in my price range (around $3,000), any help is much appreciated.

Cycle Trader has been good for me; found my Gen2 a month ago on Cycle Trader and just sold my 06 Gen1 advertised for free on CycleTrader too. :eusa_dance: My last option to buy or sell is craigslist.... too many scammers there. Got to be very careful w/ craigslist.

Cycle Trader has been good for me; found my Gen2 a month ago on Cycle Trader and just sold my 06 Gen1 advertised for free on CycleTrader too. :eusa_dance: My last option to buy or sell is craigslist.... too many scammers there. Got to be very careful w/ craigslist.

I beg to differ, I bought all three of my GEN1's off craigslist, but to each their own!

I like the blue '92, and I have bought a beautiful 2003 CBR 954RR off craigslist in Richmond. and the scammers on craigslist are generally easy to spot, here are some tips that I have take it or leave it. It is just my opinion

1. If the deal is to good to be true, check it out in person

2. try to use cash as much as possible or a bank check, banks will usually have fraud insurance on their checks.
3. Never do an offer if the person tells you that the Item is in a warehouse or that he or she is out of town always request a face to fact interaction.
4. Don't feel bad to ask to check the persons drivers licence against the name on the title
5. Always create or have a receipt you can either use a blank fill in the blank or ensure that the hand written note contains the sellers and buyers full name in both printed and signature form, if there is a conflict with the item the courts can examine both individuals handwriting
6. Lastly never feel obligated to buy no matter the story the seller has and if you are the seller do not over pressure, be more reassuring to the buyer.

I am sure that you all have more and certainly can add to my little list here and one more thing this is all like a game if you are buying items you need to be in a defensive mind set protect what is yours (information, identity, personal history) and if you are selling be informative because the more information you can provide the better the buyer will feel about making the purchase.

and I am not a car salesman or some such I am just an informed buyer, even if its a great deal I will walk away if I get the feeling that someone is not being truthful about the product.

Happy hunting

Latest posts

Back