2 1/2 baffle now it runs like crap, Why?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mvvette97

Reaction score
I just bought the kerker 2 1/2 comp baffle for my max. I put it in but it seems like on the top end it runs out of balls. Seems to lost alot of power. I pit the smaller baffle back in and it's fine again. Why is it doing this?

I'll take a stab at it and say have your carbs adjusted for your new exhaust, you might have to have the main jets changed to get the top max power if the sync doesn't do the trick. I think if your running flat your too lean. ( not sure as I said I'm guessing here ) help me out here guys !

It is best to get a m/c who knows what there doing and has the tools to do your carbs. Don't mess with them. Run your old cans until you can get it done. You won't be doing your bike any good when your running like that. There is a few really good carb guys on this forum...wait until they post, they will hit it right on and give ya very good advice. Hope this helps for now.

I have no idea what size it has in it. Never had to take them apart. I tried to adjust the air mixtures and I also syncronized the carbs but it didn't help any.

Mark your the carb guru here, a lot of people have never tampered with a carb in there life. If you wanna be famous you could make a video and show how to break down the carbs, re jet, etc etc etc

Hell i would pay to see someone do it before i actually tore in there and did it myself!

I have no idea what size it has in it. Never had to take them apart. I tried to adjust the air mixtures and I also syncronized the carbs but it didn't help any.

I think that you should by a manual,and mercury sticks.Then rejet the mains bigger then syncronize it before running the big can.

Sean Morley has alot of kerker experience.

I found out I had 152.5 main jets. I had a jet kit so i put 170s in it. It made a huge differance.

Back