2 1/2 Years, My Mustang

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
2 and a half years ago I bought my mustang. Negotiated the dealer down from $19,995 to $15,000 OTD. Tax, Tag Title Etc. with Cash. It's a 2005 Mustang GT Premium that was ordered Very Plane Jane. Even had a spoiler delete. Whoever had owned it only put 47,777 miles on it and seems to be garage kept and still is by me.

In 1995 Ford made a Model that was stripped, Made for a build it yourself racer. It was made to build yourself and go. It was called the GTS. I patterned mine basically the same way even to naming it GTS.

Cold Air Intake with a tune. Lots of Roush and Ford Performance Parts have gone into it including a 4.10 Gear. I have decorated it inside and out and I'm pretty much done. I realize it's not the fastest brick on the block but I like it. It is a 5 Speed Stick. MSD Shift Light, 2 step and WAT Box. Etc. Etc. to the mods.

With my Mods, it's at 300 RWHP and 320 RWTQ on the Dyno. Nothing Super but the gearing makes up a lot of that. Wins Show Trophies from time to time.

Bikes are becoming harder for me to ride (A lifetime of injuries have added up). I get them out weekly but don't go as fast as I used to.

Anyway, thought I'd share the latest pictures. Hope someone else here likes it.

Dave

Attachments

• 100_1473.jpg
    100_1473.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 100_1476.jpg
    100_1476.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 100_1478.jpg
    100_1478.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 100_1483.jpg
    100_1483.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 100_1484.jpg
    100_1484.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 100_1485.jpg
    100_1485.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 100_1471.jpg
    100_1471.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 31
More pictures that wouldn't upload the first time.

Attachments

• 100_1470.jpg
    100_1470.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 100_1480.jpg
    100_1480.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 100_1479.jpg
    100_1479.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 100_1469.jpg
    100_1469.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 16
That's a nice looking Stang. My wife and I inherited an 07 gt500 when my father in law passed from an aggressive form of dementia. Less than 3 months from diagnosis he was gone. It came with a 30 foot enclosed tri-axle trailer made specifically for the car, Complete kooks 3" SS exhaust, Ford racing heat exchanger. I also added rear lowering springs, sequential turn signals, quarter window louvers, tinted windows. He was in the process of getting it ready to run 200mph when he was diagnosed with dementia. I'm a Mopar man, but owning this Shelby, is like a for wheeled v max. Rolling burnouts are not a problem lol. And when the supercharger hits in the higher rpm, it's like the v boost of the max. Again, nice looking Stang!!! Enjoy it!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20160827_130851694.jpg
    IMG_20160827_130851694.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 26
As you may know, I too am a Mustang fan. I've only had one. It was the same year as my Max, a '99 triple black convertible GT. Black paint, black top, charcoal leather interior. I didn't do anything to it other than putting a faux hood scoop on it and a matte black hood decal. It was sharp in its day.

stang01.JPG

Meanwhile, my son who is 24 has already had 3 of them. He started off with a POS '99 V6 that had been rode hard and put up wet. He then went out and bought a 2013 V6 that we dressed up. It was nice for a V6 but he always wanted a GT. So about a year ago he sold the 2013 and put the money down on a 2016 GT and it's SO much nicer than my '99 it's like a supercar, lol. I'm happy for him, he's almost got it paid off to boot.

9903.jpg

v601.jpg

Z2VWSXl.jpg

Sorry if I hijacked your thread, I just wanted to add to the Mustang love, lol!

All awesome cars! I bleed blue, love the stangs. Extra points for the ragtop!

Someday when I dont have to drive on 3 miles of gravel to reach pavement I hope to find a ragtop as a project. They do Mustang ralleys and drags every year in Sturgis. It's a ritual for us to attend even though we are stangless.

Any of you guys hit the Sturgis Stang rally?

I too have a '99 GT convertible anniversary edition. All of 28k on the clock.
30fb7f3e4e4259155fe41689eb87523e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I didn't realize we had so many Mustang fans here. I can only dream of a GT-500. If I Supercharged my 05 with 4.10 gears it'd probably just blow the tires off in a lot of gears. I have Sequential Tail Lights too. Wonder why I waited 2 years to get them (Absolutely Cool). There are a lot of subtle things that I have done but it would take a whole page to list. I really personalize my vehicles a lot.

Great Stangs guys, thanks for the replies.

Dave, it looks great. Safer than a mcy in FL, yes? I'm not riding as-much as I used to.

I've had Trans Am's, Z28's, and Mustang GT's, I felt the Mustangs were the most fun to drive. None were highly-modded. I also had a '70 Mustang convertible. All gone now.

One of my friends bought a new Shelby Mustang GT350, he's using it for a track car. He sold a turbo'ed BMW to buy it.

One of the perks to buying a new Shelby Mustang is you get a track day. He chose to attend one in NV, they supply the cars, he had a Shelby GT350, this is the one he drove. You can use your own or theirs. Since he's in FL, he chose to fly-in and use theirs. This is it. He's a veteran military pilot, retired, including rotary.

Attachments

• Shelby Mustang GT350 in NV.jpg
    Shelby Mustang GT350 in NV.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 12
Nice, we're redoing the Fox Body mustang we got for my brother years ago. Paint had gone to hell as was the interior. Stopped driving it because the rear end was howling pretty bad. Swapped in new gears (went from 2.73 to 3.73) and doing the repaint and fresh interior. Hopefully be ready to deliver to him in a couple of weeks. He's going to give it to his 16 year old daughter.

It's a 92 LX Notch with the 5.0/Auto
Ford Motorsports (Powerdyne) Supercharger
Chip
Mac Cat Back Exhaust
Upper and Lower Frame Braces
and some other misc I probably forgot out lol.
Clarion Sound System with PPI Amps (can't remember what we used for the subs)

Pretty fun car to drive. The pics are from quite a few years ago. I'll have to get new pics when we get it back from the body shop next week.

Attachments

• 92Mustang.jpg
    92Mustang.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 92MustangEngine2.jpg
    92MustangEngine2.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 18
Danny, those notchbacks were sleepers back in the day! My brother has had many Fox bodies but he loved surprising people with that LX 5.0 ;)

Damn, SEAN not Danny! Sorry 'bout that. It's what I get for multitasking, lol. I was on the phone with my Uncle Danny and trying to type. I guess I need to proofread, lol!

Dave, it looks great. Safer than a mcy in FL, yes? I'm not riding as-much as I used to.

I've had Trans Am's, Z28's, and Mustang GT's, I felt the Mustangs were the most fun to drive. None were highly-modded. I also had a '70 Mustang convertible. All gone now.

One of my friends bought a new Shelby Mustang GT350, he's using it for a track car. He sold a turbo'ed BMW to buy it.

One of the perks to buying a new Shelby Mustang is you get a track day. He chose to attend one in NV, they supply the cars, he had a Shelby GT350, this is the one he drove. You can use your own or theirs. Since he's in FL, he chose to fly-in and use theirs. This is it. He's a veteran military pilot, retired, including rotary.

A friend traded his 2015 for a new GT-350 about 6 months ago, He's already looking for next years GT-500.?????? TOO MUCH POWER... I can't keep up with Leif.... He makes Graphics and a whole lot more. Lots of Money for one thing...Here's his current car.

Attachments

• GT-350.jpg
    GT-350.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 11
Nice, we're redoing the Fox Body mustang we got for my brother years ago. Paint had gone to hell as was the interior. Stopped driving it because the rear end was howling pretty bad. Swapped in new gears (went from 2.73 to 3.73) and doing the repaint and fresh interior. Hopefully be ready to deliver to him in a couple of weeks. He's going to give it to his 16 year old daughter.

It's a 92 LX Notch with the 5.0/Auto
Ford Motorsports (Powerdyne) Supercharger
Chip
Mac Cat Back Exhaust
Upper and Lower Frame Braces
and some other misc I probably forgot out lol.
Clarion Sound System with PPI Amps (can't remember what we used for the subs)

Pretty fun car to drive. The pics are from quite a few years ago. I'll have to get new pics when we get it back from the body shop next week.

That's a nice Stang you're working on Bro....

I had an 89 like that, had the crap modified out of it and it was an interceptor for an ABC Agency to start with. Final gearing with a 3.73 gear and tires was 3.88. Also had a professionally modified AOD and 2400 stall converter. Would almost pull the seats out of the floor on shifts. In 97 an Old Guy missed his Dr's Office, made a U Turn head on with me. Destroyed it and me... :bang head: It was way faster than what I have now but I'll get there...

Still very nice Kyle. Make Christine really happy and " Get It Done"!:ummm::confused2::rofl_200:

I drive it all the time she still wants power brakes & have not had the cash for them. As soon as the house in Florida sells she is going to get the full power disc brake kit from Kentucky Mustang.

I love it! I don't see that many classic stangs on the road anymore. Now that I think about it, I don't see any Goats, Camaros, Chevelles, Novas, or any of the other cool muscle cars either.

There's a guy who runs an Auto shop around here that has an A/C Cobra Kit car but he never drives it, says he's scared of it, lol. It's not an original but I'd take it and have some fun with it!

Latest posts

Back